Top quilted to blanket

Hi all. Have any of you quilted tops directly on to blankets? They have been regular fuzzy stretchy blankets. Not the easiest because of the stretchiness but this is what the lady likes. This is the third one I have done for her. I will include all three quilts.

post--13461908753002_thumb.jpg

Oh thanks about the toes....always concentrating on the quilt and don't notice the toes!! lol Nope, no batting. Wonder if batting would make it easier to do? The blanket stretches and then makes the top puffy but don't know how to do it differently. Suggestions are welcome!!!lol

What an interesting concept... Can I ask what kind of blankets they are. Are they fleece blankets? So it's sort of the quilt and blanket all rolled up into one (or stitched up into one, that is). These are some pretty quilts and your quilting looks really nice on them. I especially like the first quilt. Do you know what the pattern is? I'm just full of questions tonight!

Thanks, Carol. The first one is called Weave It to Me. The last one is Circle of Hope. Don't know the middle one. These were the first and only requests I have had to put them on blankies. The first and third ones are a fleecy blankey and the middle one is velour.

Nice work on each of them. I wonder if the second one is Rolling Along quilt, a free pattern by one of those sites that pop up in my email either All people quilt or American Quilter's Society. It looks similar to the one they had a bit ago but this one has a scrappy plan.

I kind of like the idea of the blankets if you are looking for a quick layering, no seams and just the right weight on the bed. Some quilts just get too heavy depending on the batting that is used.

Archived