Heat and our Longarms

I receive e-mails from a Gramill dealer as she offers different things and in their maintenance statement, they said "It is paramount that your machine is not exposed to the extreme heat. It can cause a variety of problems. If you have a separate building for your Gammill, make sure that the temperature does not exceed 85 degrees."

Is this something we need to worry about also.

Not really an issue for me unless I get a second machine to keep at my mothers, It would be in an attached garage and it gets hot hot hot in there.

Just wondering.

Shirley

Shirley,

Your machine should be fine. If things got a little toasty for a long period, the biggest impact may be on the rubber encoder wheels, which could get dry and a bit brittle. But it would take a long time for that to happen.

While it's possible to have an adverse impact on the circuit boards, it would also take long exposure to excessive heat. If you're at all concerned, use a fan to keep air circulating in the room to help keep the motor cool. APQS machines are tough!

As Dawn says, they are tough, when my Millie lived up in the shed temps could vary between 110f in the summer down to 30f on frosty mornings in the winter, I just gave her a little longer to warm up then.

Not a big deal now she is in the house but it can still get down to near freezing if we are away and the wood heater is not going, never had a problem.

Don't worry. My story will put you at ease!

My Gammill (1994) head was stored out in a shed, like where you store your lawnmower, for several years before I got it. She ran just fine.

Furthermore, we don't have air conditioning in our house, we've hit triple digits several times already this summer and usually do a few times each summer -- still no problems.

My husband reminds me that these are industrial machines, built to work, we shouldn't worry so much, LOL.

Just be sure there is plenty of room around the computer components for air to circulate. I had inadvertently blocked the grill on my controller and it heated up a bit more than usual. Things got really slow in response. After I moved stuff and turned a fan on, things went back to normal. My room is not air conditioned and it was upper 80's for a couple of days. Better to prevent problems than have to fix.:)

Archived