Ultimate II's

Hello, I am a fairly new ULT. II owner. I think I have had it about a month.

I absolutely love it. I don't have any vibrations or handling issues.

I have a used hartley extended base table on the way and haven't

tried SID with my machine but is on my list of things to try. I would

love to hear more about about this foot everyone is talking about.

Is there a post somewhere that I can read about it and find the price.

Add another ULT II owner to your list.

Michele

Michele Welcome to our little family.

Stick close to this thread and when the new foot is ready SheriB will announced here I'm sure, or you can contact her personally at: jsbutler@neb.rr.com 402-450-8321

There isn't any official thread regarding it yet. Its still in the manufacturing stage and not ready to ship yet.

Hi Michelle,

I too am a fairly new Ultimate II owner. Just set up the Ultimate last week. Welcome! It is so nice to know there are many of us with this machine. Just reading here has been a great boost to learning more as my machine does not have much in the way of a book or past records with the machine. Just the intial purchase reciept. I'm going to call APQS today and see if they have any information from the past owners transactions with the company so I can get a feel for if any repairs were done. My machine has seen a lot of use. That I do know. It is running well, but the tension is a bit off, and I can't seem to keep it consistant at this time. I'm testing a few things---and Bonnie has been a great help answering questions for me. (thanks Bonnie):)

Hey gals, I asked DH last night if he heard anything from the manufacturer yet. He said should be soon, and that we should all keep our pantyhose on! Gotta luv my hubby, constantly cracking jokes, when we're trying to be serious! No wonder I hide in my quilting room so much! LOL! Anyway,.. I have everyone's e-mail except Sparkle's. Sparkle...send me your request via e-mail please...? I have a folder with umpteen names/e-mails and its easier that way. Thanks ULT 2 sisters out there... for all your patience!

Sheri

Geeze, Am I Dumb or what? I just went to edit my profile and noticed I could get my u2u's sent to my e-mail address! I need more caffeine .. well, i'll wait to see if the next one goes straight to my e-mail...or bonnie!!! I see that your on... send me a u2u please.. would ya?

could you tell me about the foot you are talking about. I ordered the foot from Gadget Girls but I'm not sure it's any better than what I have. I think I will not get excited about too many rulers because of my foot. Larry's liner didn't work with the new foot either. The hole is much too small. Love to hear all of the duscussion about our machines. I still can't decide to upgrade since it's so much more money. Then I might feel tat I had to earn money whereas now my machine is paid for and I'm still getting to know it. I like it. Cheryll

Bonnie, thanks for jumping in again! I havent had the time to check out msgs on here lately. Moved parents back to Nebraska (their elderly), so needless to say, i've been at their new place putting things away, cleaning, moving, etc. so, not much time here at home to quilt, clean, or check e-mails, etc. but, yes..anyone can e-mail me, or call me. So, THANK YOU Bonnie!! im going to call you my new secretary! LOL!

Sheri Butler

jsbutler@neb.rr.com

402-450-8321

Lincoln, Nebraska

Thanks Bonnie, I got it! (u2u). LOL! Cant believe I had time tonight to check e-mails and TRY to do my own thing. This moving elderly parents thing is killing hubby and I. We cant get a dang thing done around home!

Oh well, going downstairs to see my quilting room for some peace and quiet!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kids,

I've had my UII since 1996. It's a wonderful machine. I've done many SID quilts on it and found that you need a extend-a-base. It just makes life easier and you won't so worked up afterwards. I also bought a smaller hand wheel from APQS. It tends to make it run smoother and also makes it run a tad bit faster on the top end. zeke..........

Stitch in the ditch without a stich regulator caused one professional quilter and I to have a falling out. I asked for it before I found out that it's really hard without a stitch regulator. I sort of complained after I got the quilt back. She then told me stitch in the ditch is really hard without a modern machine. It caused hard feelings but now I know how difficult it is. I would refuse a job that I felt uncomfortable doing.

Archived