Sue Garman pattern

I just took my Stars for a New Day off the machine this afternoon. It took many, many, MANY hours of quilting; the most intense work I've ever done on a quilt. It's going into our local quilt show next weekend. This is a beautiful pattern, and VERY well written. Even tho' I'm not fond of paper piecing, I just had to bite the bullet when this pattern first came out on The Quilt Show.

If you can find it somewhere for $80, get it! It really is a stunner when finished and is a great way to use a focus fabric and LOTS of scraps!

I'll post pics after the show this weekend. It's 84" square, so much easier to get pics when it's hanging! I might add that this quilt has been "twice quilted"! I thought I was done, then took an online Craftsy class with Cindy Needham. The quilt went back on the machine and I did a LOT more quilting. As Cindy would say. "Too much sunshine, not enough shadow!

I am doing this quilt now as a BOM, as well! Saw it at a quilt show last year and couldn't get it out of my head....sooo beautiful!

I am now a full-on Sue Garman fan. Have done Omigosh and will do her new one coming up, Afternoon Delight.....also doing a couple of other BOM;s of hers, I just can't resist!

I saved the pattern every month from the BOM On the Quilt Show...and started it in 2010...i worked on it for the past couple of years...off and on...it was one of the very first quilts I ever did...and boy, did I learn a lot...I know, probably crazy for even daring to attempt it...but I didn't know what I got myself into... I made some boo boos but managed to make it work...finally I finished it this summer....backing is ready...

It is all batiks and her name is STELLA, which means "STAR" in Italian...

I just got my LUCEY this year and need a lot more practice before I attempt to quilt her...I would love to see pics of your stars...

Here are a couple of mine...

post-6000-0-71270900-1351041114_thumb.jpg

post-6000-0-31222500-1351041183_thumb.jpg

post-6000-0-65215800-1351041225_thumb.jpg

Archived