mqx east

Yup Charlotte and I will be going again this year. There is an italian resturant not far from the conference hotel that we went too and they were really good. I can't remember the name of the restuarnt but I remember exactly where they are located LOL. Maybe Charlotte will remember the name. There was another place we went one year that had a meat carving thing where they came around to the table and you had about 8 or 9 different meats served plus a buffet of salads and such. We met with about 25 others that year. Charlotte and I have also been to a seafood resturant just down the hill and a sandwich bar pub up the road. LOL can you tell I'm a go by the seat of my pants kind of girl? LOL We haven't been there in 3 years now so I'm sure things have changed.

Now Heidi,

Do you think I would remember the name of anything!!! I remember the italian restaurant the the was wonderful. We also ate in the hotel. You can ask at the desk, they were very helpful when we asked. Just tell them what you would like for dinner and they can usually give you a restaurant and directions to get there. It will be great seeing you there in 2013.

OH!! LOL, finally I actually know an answer to a question on the forum!! I'm only about 5 miles from the show in Manchester, so this is kind of my stompin' ground. The Italian place is almost across the street from the Radisson and is called Piccola Italia Ristorante. The Brazillian steakhouse is off of Bridge street and is called Gaucho's. There are also several great places in the immediate area. There is Margarita's (near Piccola), which is a Mexican place that is fabulous, several pizza places, and about 15 minutes away at the Mall of New Hampshire there is Longhorn Steak House, TGIFriday's, Ruby Tuesday, Bertucci's. Manchester certainly has restaurants. I'd also recommend Van Otis Chocolates. It's on Elm St, but a bit of ways from the hotel. probably 5 minutes by car. I've seen people wait in very long lines at the holidays for their famous Swiss Chocolate fudge. way yummy. I will hopefully be taking a few classes myself. Gotta figure out which ones. By April, I won't be a complete newbie, but I still have soooo much to learn.

Now Heidi,

Do you think I would remember the name of anything!!! I remember the italian restaurant the the was wonderful. We also ate in the hotel. You can ask at the desk, they were very helpful when we asked. Just tell them what you would like for dinner and they can usually give you a restaurant and directions to get there. It will be great seeing you there in 2013.

LOL if you don't remember I'm in big trouble! By the way you are my co-pilot it is your job :D.

Melissa thanks for the help and yes that is the name of the italian resturant. It was excellent!

I lived in NH most of my life - hope these suggestions help. there are two good italian restaurants in manchester. the best is Picola's its right on elm street, a block or two away from the hotel. the other is fratello's which is in the millyard behind the raddison hotel. it's walkable, but probably a 1/2 mile or so. there is another place, called Cotton, in the millyard which is fantastic, all local grown food and it is amazing. for the best mexican, i'd suggest la carretta, not within walking distance of the hotel but only a few miles away.

Can't wait to "go home" and go to MQX east!

Melissa that is the restaurant. Thanks for the other suggestions too. I hope we will meet up and maybe get to go to dinner together. If this is your first show it will be fun. See you in April.

Heidi, we will get there even if I have to print out directions and use the GPS. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!

ok, one more personal favorite restaurant in the manchester area is called CR sparks, it is in bedford the next town over, but it is fantastic.

Oh no Gypsyquilter! I'm sorry to tell you that CR Sparks is gone. They closed it about a year ago. The site is now home to a new Lexus dealership. They also built a new Starbuck's coffehouse and a Chipotle restaurant down the street in the parking lot of the old Bedford Mall (which has been totallly redone). Lots of changes in the past few years.

Melissa that is the restaurant. Thanks for the other suggestions too. I hope we will meet up and maybe get to go to dinner together. If this is your first show it will be fun. See you in April.

Heidi, we will get there even if I have to print out directions and use the GPS. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!

I'd love to meet up! I have been to MQX in the past, before it moved to RI, but never when I had a longarm. LOL, it is going to be a whole new experience this time for sure!

"

Oh no Gypsyquilter! I'm sorry to tell you that CR Sparks is gone. They closed it about a year ago. The site is now home to a new Lexus dealership."

oh - bad news, I loved that place and we always went there for special occasions! that's too bad, it was a great restaurant. in any case, looking forward to going home for a week and being at MQX, hopefully I will see some of you there!

Christine

Wow! I have been pretty busy and I am now just getting back to the forum. Thanks everyone for your response! I am looking forward to meeting up with everyone at the show! We are staying at the Raddison. There are 7 of us traveling in one van. We are packing lightly so we have lots of room to bring fabric home from keepsake!

I am going! And my sister will be going with me. Her daughter lives near Manchester and we will visit them, do the show, and maybe get up to Keepsake Quilting. This is my first trip to MQX and I am looking forward to seeing a different venue, hope to take a class or two, and meet up with others from the forum.

Archived