Stupid moose

What a cool picture! I'm from Minnesota and living in California. This makes me SO homesick. My DH and I went to Alaska a few years ago. Took the Alaska Railroad from Anchorage to Denali. It was beautiful. I'd love to go all the way to Fairbanks. We went late August...saw lots of bear and moose in Denali Park. We'll be back!

Stephanie

Tina,

Oh, moose are not really dumb... they are just wild animals and a lot like deer, but way bigger. They are not dumb at all! I was just making a joke about it loitering in the sausage company parking lot. I thought that was funny!

But I do agree with you about not wanting to meet one on a dark road. Trust me, I have met many on the road, and it's scary. Over the years, I've had a couple of close call collisions with one darting out into the road, but haven't hit one..thank GOD! However, those I know who have hit one... both parties of the accident are not happy. The moose always dies and the car is always crunched up pretty good. I'm always on special alert driving on the roads at night.

Shana, I did think your pic at the meat co. was funny, that's what I meant to say first. My dad's wife hit a moose last year. Dead moose, car crunched, but she was okay. The thing I found really weird was the list of people they call in a car-moose collision, to come and get the moose meat. Road kill special. Gross!

Hey, Tina! :) Sorry to hear your dad's wife hit a moose. Bummer! Glad she is OK. Whew! Oh and yes, most definitely, there is always special charity organization on standby 24/7 that is allowed to come right away (immediately) after the accident to remove the moose from the road and to retrieve the moose and to salvage meat for eating. Yeah...I know it sounds really gross...road kill... but moose are very huge, there are many people who would love to swoop up that moose meat. It would be a shame to let it go to waste. If the meat is salvaged right away, it's OK to eat for humans, but it has to be done immediately. Also, the salvaged moose meat only goes to local charity for food supply (like the soup kitchens), not to the general public.

Sherry & Mary Beth: I never thought of sending this photo to the TV comedy programs. Too funny! Maybe I should do it...LOL!

Sandra: Thanks for asking about my broken foot... I am getting a little better every day. I go to physical therapy twice a week, I am driving my vehicle to/from work, but still on crutches and will be until the end of February. Would you believe that I have fifteen (15) screws in my heel bone? YIKES! My x-ray is a frightening sight to see... :( But, I should recover fully. I can't wait until I'm walking again. 3 1/2 months on crutches is not fun...

Have a great day, everyone!

Shana

I'm glad to hear that you will make a full recovery. The foot is so full of tiny bones. When I broke my hand a few years ago, the xray tech called the hardware in my hand bone jewelry. Ick!

I was in the handicapped line at the San Diego County Fair in July waiting to get "wanded" and the woman behind me had also broken her leg and foot. She carried some sort of document from her doctor with her everywhere. She had so much hardware in her leg/foot, she set off alarms everywhere she went. :o Will they just leave the stuff in you?

Archived