Years in the making, finally done

I have been making a Peanuts quilt for my husband for years. The blocks cut and sewn one year in a Turning Twenty. Then delayed for a plan to separate the color riot better. Finally just sew them together to start to get it done (retreats are wonderful!) I had enough of just Christmas fabrics for one side, and enough of the "other winter holidays" for a second quilt. I chose to put them together so you only needed to flip the quilt instead of store one. Finally got it layered and quilted on George this month. The man was happy with it. Guess what we slept under last night.

I said I wanted a picture of the other side--look what I got!

post-2739-0-21097300-1356476957_thumb.jpg

Marci, it wasn't too bad to quilt with the double seams. The batting that I used was thicker than I like, but it was the last of it (thank goodness!) so although I pinned it to keep the seams lined up, it shifted some like the jelly in a peanut butter jelly sandwich and surprisingly still stayed quite square and the same size on the edges! I couldn't believe it. I did a squiggle grid quilting on the block separating seams and they were off on the second side. I choose the squiggle so they could hopefully catch both sides seams in the single pass. Then I went back and quilted the blocks with random choice designs. Some loops, some back and forth non-ribbon, some around the printed designs. I used them to just practice thinking and moving. This was all done on George. I think I could have kept the seams better lined up with a frame set-up.

I like making most of my quilts to have the backside a fabric or design so that they can be flipped if a fresh look is desired.

Archived