Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas folks

Thanks for the concern, Teresa. I'm in Kansas City, Missouri. We got about 4 to 5 inches of the white stuff last night, but not the ice we had before. It's really pretty. When we went to church this morning it wasn't really even slick, so it's the snowman, snowball, stick together kind of snow.

Teresa,

I agree with Jeanne, the snow was just beautiful this morning. My DH has been outside all day shoveling snow at home, at work and now the next door neighbors. (We go to the gym to workout - this is his day at the gym).

My parents, no the other hand, got a bit more ice last night in Springfield, Missouri. Their power went out one week ago last Friday, it came on for 24 hours and has never came back on. So they have been out of power for about 9 days now. They keep saying they are fine. The people from their church are coming over to check on them so I'm sure they are okay. But 9 days is a bit crazy.

Some of Springfield has power. In fact, people in both directions up and down my parents street have power. How frustrating that must be to see so close but not be able to use it. It is just one section of their street that is out. There is just not enough manpower to get everything restored.

One of my daugthter's lives in Oklahoma City and she said they only had rain at her house yesterday so most of the ice was gone and she was going to be able toget out of the house. Her DH is a cable guy and has had to work in this weather so they are thrilled with rain and not ice.

I surely hope all of you without power are managing to stay warm. We keep all of you in our prayers.

I'm in SW MIssouri, without power at home for 9 days now, still not sure when we might get back to normal. Needless to say we are not staying at our house where all my "birthday block fabric and information" is so my January blocks will be later going out than planned. I will get them done as soon as we get back home. Hope you are all safe and warm.

April, I have been wondering about you. My son, in Ash Grove, has power so his family can now stay at home. No cable tv or phone....that might be a blessing since he has 3 kids that are always glued to television. My son's dad has electric with Ozark Coop and it is rumored that they will not have power restored until mid February!!

Fortunatly for my parents they have a gas range in the kitchen so they can cook. Their church sent over a propane heater that they use during the day. They have always turned the heat way down at night so they are use to sleeping in a cold room. My mom has not missed a day of work - which I think is remarkable...but I think she would rather go to work then stay cooped up in a dark, cold house with my dad all day :) She works at Wal-Mart and they have been staying open with a generator.

Oh no, THE POWER!!! Oh wait a minute, I was thinking of THE FORCE as in Darth Vader. Whew!!

Did they just get it? Wait another minute. That's just SOOO 2 hours ago. I'm no good at the Valley girl lingo or whatever it is. I'm good at "Whatever!" Boy, can you tell I had only 45 minutes of sleep last night? I'm sitting here reading what I'm writing and it looks a little bizarre. Time to end it! (the post)

Seriously, Mary Beth, I'm really happy for them, and you. I know you've been really concerned about them. Do they need anything? Did they lose their food or did the fact that it was cold help on that? Call me, please, if there is something we can donate. We have a lot of meat in the freezer, etc. You still have the number don't you? If not, you have my email.

Finally back, I just wrote a reply on here and the lights went out again and lost what I was writing, lets try again. I just got my power back on 4:15pm today. We were out of power for 10 days. What a nightmare. I do not want to go that way again. I love my electric. I lost half my freezer meats and veggies. We had heat from wood stove , gas on top and candles and oil lamps. I missed my quilting machine. I did cut out some quilts block for 2 quilts. only a few hours with enough light to do cutting. Need to read and catchup. Nita

Archived