#8 Screw Issue?

Hello,

I made the mistake of running my air compressor at the same time I was running my machine. Nothing blew but now the needle keeps cycling slowly and won't stop if I hit any button. If I shut it off and turn it back on, I can stop the needle cycling by hitting the command button and run button (blue) on the righthand control. The needle up and down doesn't work either. This is for a 2005 Millie.

Do I need to make a #8 screw adjustment or did I really screw something else up?

Thank you.

Gail

I have them both pulled into the same power strip and I noticed in the past that it seemed to be too much of a power draw and the Millie would pause. I was always afraid of blowing a circuit breaker or fuse.

I turned that screw about 6 times and while the needle has slowed down a lot, it is still running. I do think I whacked something. The needle down and up is also still not working. Nor will it shut off completely.

Me thinks I will be calling Amy in the morning.

Hi Heidi,

I got the needle to stop cycling and it will now stop when hitting any button but.... The needle up/down button is not working. I submitted a request via the web site for assistance. Not sure what in the heck is wrong but I am sure it can be corrected and resolved. I can still use the machine but not having my up/down needle button working is a pain in the fanny. :-)

Hi Gail,

I'm sorry to hear about the needle positioner not working! If you've adjusted the #8 screw a couple of turns and are getting no result, it's possible that the problem is in the magnet sensors or possibly the switches. One of those may have gone out. You're right, Amy will be able to help you tomorrow. It will help if you can be by the machine when you call, as she'll most likely ask you to tell her what the troubleshooting indicator lights are doing on the machine when you try different functions.

Hi Dawn,

It really worries me and it shouldn't, when something happens with my machine. I was even trying to fix it in my sleep last night. :-) I know you guys can get me fixed up and running again. I had to turn the #8 screw something like 8 times to get the needle from cycling. The stop function now works also but I still have no needle up/down and the thread cutter is out also. I already submitted an SOS email to Amy so I am sure she or another person on APQS's wonderful staff will get me all straightened out.

I was able to still quilt but I sure miss that up/down needle positioner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I thought I would give everyone an update on my machine woes.  I ended up pulling both the mother and daughter boards and shipping them off to Amy.  They were tested out and no problems found.  They did get updated so that was probably a good thing.  After talking with Amy, she had me check my mag collar to see if it was cracked and the magnet missing as this controls the needle up and down.  Apparently, this will occur with normal wear and tear.  Yup, the mag collar WAS cracked and the magnet was missing.  Taking pictures with an iphone is so handy. 

So, I have my new parts, now I need to take a deep breath and put my machine back together.  I learned a bunch about how to disect my machine.  Beware of women holding screwdrivers. 

• 2 months later...

Wow, I've heard that before.  But running one thing with the other has nothing to do with anything at all.  I have a shop vac, compressor, and two machines in my garage.  At one time or another I've ran both machines or one of the other devices at the same time and nothing has ever happened and my UI has a Compuquilter on it.  Crazy how some things happen for no apparent reason.  Freaky, right!       zeke.................. 

Archived