Design help please

This is a top I have had finished for a few years. I just can't come up with any ideas on how to quilt it. It is mine, so I can experiment. I might CC the stars. I am not good at SID or feathers. I would really like to get this quilted before spring, so any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

post-10475-0-79455500-1358788909_thumb.jpg

post-10475-0-09735100-1358788960_thumb.jpg

This is a top I have had finished for a few years. I just can't come up with any ideas on how to quilt it. It is mine, so I can experiment. I might CC the stars. I am not good at SID or feathers. I would really like to get this quilted before spring, so any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

That is a pretty top. I'd SID the stars and then cc the middle. I'd do whatever fill you like doing in the white background squares. I'd use the fabric in the sashing and just stitch straight lines, cc the setting blocks. I'd do a feather design in the alternating blocks.

I too would CC the stars in the middle. I would look through some pictures of quilting I like and practice a few fun fillers and sashing/border ideas. The outer border quilting won't need to be elaborate (unless you want to practice) because it is fairly busy. Make sure you show some pictures when you are all done!

Someone help me out here. What is "CC"?

James

Archived