Question about ....Long Arm VS Mid Arm

AnitaSews

In my opinion to me the difference is in the area you can quilt at one time. The rest is talent of the quilter. I have seen beautiful work from long arm quilting mid arm quilting and fabulous quilting from a domestic sewing machine. I don't think it makes that much of. A difference. Its the talent behind the machine.

Shirley

It might take a little longer to finish on a midarm because you can't cover as much ground in one pass. More advancing of the fabric= more time to finish. Also, depending on the size of the blocks, it can influence the pattern choices. For example, on a Lenni you can easily do a 12" block in a horizontal setting in one pass. If you had a 12" block on point, however, it would take 2 passes to do that block on a Lenni. If you had a 12" block on point our Lucey, Freedom or Millennium could do it in one pass.

Other than that, I think the skill of the quilter is going to effect the end product much more that the throat size. HTH!

Besides what the others have said above, the only other consideration you would want to remember is the amount the rolled finished quilt would take up the farther down the quilt as it is being quilted. If you started out with a full space to qult a 12 inch block, would you still be able to do the full 12 inches when the quilt has been half quiled and taking up more quilting space? That would make a difference in the size of panto or design you would need to choose.

Archived