Cindy Needham craftsy class

Peggy, I signed up for it on sale and am glad I didn't pay full price. It is geared for the DSM but certainly the designs and ideas can carry over to a long arm. I have learned a few things I didn't know, like how to use some of the templates and adjust them to fit the borders. The downfall for me is that it is fairly basic and s l o w going. In my day job I sit at the computer all day and am not very patient sitting through slow-moving videos. You may like the class though! She does seem like a good teacher and is pleasant to watch and listen to.

I'm a huge fan of Cindy Needham but she only uses her domestic. If you do heirloom quilting or plan to on your domestic, her techniques are AWESOME.

Edited to Add - she also teaches for Superior Threads so she offers a lot of great information on thread and effects with thread. You could probably carry some of that over to the long arm - but I don't know how you feel about using silk in your long arm OR doing small tight dense quilting because most of what she does is VERY tiny.

I was lucky to take a live class hosted by my guild last year. She is a great teacher if you're looking for wholecloth designs and intricate quilting. I haven't seen her Craftsy offering so I can't comment on that. She uses stencils extensively for the bones of her designs and I learned quite a bit at the class.

I really enjoyed the Craftsy class for the design work that Cindy applied. Good friend, Lisa E., and I have signed up for her Linen Ladies classes in April and are very excited to go. You can apply her techniques to both DSM and Longarm. All of the Craftsy classes I have taken seem slow; but that is because they are not live!

I found her class on craftsy to be informative from a templates point of view having not really used them too much in my work, and you can translate some of it to longarm quilting, but she didn't quilt very much at all, most was talking about it. I like to see quilting in action so it was slow in places. I did learn though from it.

I loved Cindy's Craftsy class! I learned a lot about thread and how you should use different types of threads on your machine according to the twist of the thread. What I really enjoyed was how she used parts of stencils to come up with new designs. She also has some great background designs. In my opinion, Cindy's techniques can easily be adapted to the longarm.

Lisa C and I liked Cindy's class so much we are taking her Linen Ladies class together in April. That is going to be fun!

Archived