Track lighting

Does anyone have track lighting over their machine?  I know that there are lighting setups I could buy to attach to my machine, but I'd rather just mount something on my ceiling than have something else attached to my machine.  Right now I have a ceiling fan with lights that point either to the side or directly down on the machine but do not provide much light at the ends of my frame.  I'd like some track lighting but have just begun to do research and it seems kind of confusing to me.  I would like something that extends 12' like my quilting frame.  thanks in advance

When I remodeled my room I put up track lights and they worked much better than what I had before...a fan with a light in the center of the room.  Now I am waiting on Dave to come do a spa on my machine because I'm going to get his lights too.  Too good of a price to pass up.  I'll try to post a couple of pics.

The pic with the track lighting was while we were painting so the fan blades are off and so is the vent cover.

The pic of Dave DeLoa's lights is one he sent me.  Mine will be black.

I thought I would just hang something over my machine too, but I worried about the heat coming off them...I make my own personal summers...I'm told that Dave's don't put off that much heat.  I can let you know how I like them towards the end of the month after I have a chance to use mine.

post-4696-0-09360100-1360463215_thumb.jpg

post-4696-0-50821300-1360463332_thumb.jpeg

I had that same dilemma ....didn't want to remove the ceiling fan....but needed more light.....solved my problem by installing two basic 48" utility type flourescent fixtures, snug to the ceiling so the blades wouldn't hit them, each has a cord with a on/off switch .....which I ran down opposite walls to power strips.....the fixtures were about $12 each, and won't damage my ceilings if I ever move.....will just have to fill I four small holes...

I have Dave's lights over my machine. They are well worth the price in my opinion. I installed them myself. The installation was very easy. My Quilt Cave has only a ceiling fan for lighting. Dave's lights light not only the quilting area but the entire room! They do not give off any heat. I still might remove the ceiling fan and replace it with something else, just not sure what.

Lighting good question I am building a new building just for my LA and DM just mine can't wait.  I was going to put some shop lights in it and a ceiling fan up but my DH doesn't want the shop lights.  I want it bright and cheary so bright white on the ceiling but the walls still no clue.  OOPS a little off topic sorry.  I was also looking at other options other then adding to the machine.  I need something that I can put in myself as my son and I do all the electric work.

Archived