Lucey is here & I am starting to get to know her!

Hi,

I have just started to do the excercises in the manual...so much more space than my old 9 inch set-up...Lucey moves differantly...I may need to lower the table a bit...stitching nonregulated seems smoother than in regulated...I do have bliss...I need to practice and really get the feel of this larger machine.  I have muslin on...really want to threw a quilt on but....I better wait...I just do not like learning the mondane things like winding bobbins...threading...loading....but I really need to get familiar with these things before doing a quilt...I mainly have just meandered because of my space limitations...so this should be fun...but already I am stumped by thinking of what other quilting I can do on the couple of tops I have waiting to put on.  They are fairly busy designs so there isn't much "white" space where my quilting will show...but still...I want to try some new things!  ahhhggggg!  baby steps...baby steps...oh...I have tried changing the "speed" in both regulated and none-regurated mode while contining to stitch...I can't find the dial without taking my eyes off of where I am going...I will have to try this until I can find the dial without looking.....anyone have suggestions as to beginner longarm quilting books to pick up?  Thanks... Lin

Hi Lin,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new machine!  You will love her!.  It's been a long time since I have looked at beginner books so anything I would recommend would probably be "old school". lol  I'll let the newer ladies give you heads up on the more current books.  This forum is a great source of information so keep asking questions.  Everyone is very generous with their knowledge.

Archived