NQR - Daughter moving to Portland, OR

Well, my daughter has made it official. She is moving to Portland next month and will eventually be going to Cosmetology school.  So much for those 4 years at Art School!  She and a friend are planning to drive from Vermont to Portland stopping along the way to visit friends/family and maybe Mt Rushmore etc. They are trying to work out where to look for apartments in Portland, where they can afford to live etc

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.  She will be a long way away from here........on the other hand MQX West?  Maybe I should visit in September hmmm......

Why Portland?  Cosmetology schools are everywhere!  It's sometimes difficult for kids to know what they want to do.  It's even harder as parents to sit by and let them make their own "adult" decisions.  At least you have your quilting to keep your mind occupied. :)

Since I've lived her my entire life, I hope I can be a resource.What part of town is she looking to move to?  What school will she attend?  Do I need to give her Warren's number?  Warren has been my hairdresser since before I could drive, and thankfully his daughter now works in the shop too.  Maybe she'll have a place to start out when she finishes school.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Archived