Anyone Going to the Cleveland Sewing & Quilt Expo?

Hi,

Well....I haven't been to this one...but I have been to a couple of Minnesota Quilters shows...and all I can say about a big event is to wear comfortable shoes, bring about 4 times the money you were planning on, unpack everything that is not essential in your car, park close, and be prepared to by WOW'ed.  I can't be too envious as I am going to the Minnesota's big show in June.....AGHHHHH...if it ever quites snowing that is....getting hit again today after 7.5 inches a few days ago.....Lin

Valerie always wear comfy shoes. It's not all that big but you can always find stuff to buy! I think it takes us about 2-3 hours with watching some demos and stuff to go thru.  Superior Threads will be there. They mostly have some long arm ruler vendors. There's a scissor vendor I get scissors at or take yours to be sharpened if you need it. The mostly have a lot of charm pack kits and machine demos. Have fun.

Also, Superior will honor wholesale prices for you. (At least they did last year) As Nan said you can get through in a few hours. Well, maybe not if it is your first time! lol APQS is never there. They do do "Road Shows" that are kind of close to us; sometimes! Gammill and Tin Lizzie are the only long arms there. The Gammill folks are really nice people; Doug and Marsha from Touch of Thread in Zanesville. And sometimes Casey, who I used to see every year at MQS in Overland Park, KS. They will have longarm rulers too.

It is a pretty good show. Quilters Rule is not there this year. My faves for fabric are Little Red Quilt House, Just Quilt It, Millers Dry Goods, and SewBatik. I also love, love, love Vogue Fabrics out of Chicago. Not for quilting so much, just gorgeous fabrics! (I sew anything & everything)

Most of all.......HAVE FUN!!! At least Thursday might not be as crowded as Saturday!

Oh yay!  So excited...great to know about Superior, thanks Linnea!!!  I do want to check out Gammill and Tin Lizzie...I thought someone from HQ is supposed to be there too but I don't remember.  Also looking forward to testing out a Juki...this is the next big purchase on my list (next to the long arm).

Claire I'm really looking forward to Sew Batik too!  I visited their web site, looks like they have some great fabric!!!

Oh I cannot wait wooheee!

Archived