My HQMS experience

Was wonderfull!!  I felt as tho I had won the Lottery~I was like a kid filled with anticipation~ I was awake pretty much every hour looking at the clock to see if it was time to get up yet.  Haha

I had booked the room in the wrong part of SLC so when we went to check in they checked where the HQMS was and then called the hotel in Sandy...What a shame they had only Suites left Would we be ok with that for the same price?   Uh YEAH!!  Jacuzzi tub and all the other great things that come in a suite!

I took three classes and DH took one~ I was like a sponge I soaked up so much from each instructor!

All had teaching styles that matched their personality~ all VERY enjoyable!

I spent SOOOOOO much $$$$ (guilt free as I had been socking it away for a year)-I bought so much tread~ so many rulers ~a wide variety of DVDs!

I met Ardelle in the restroom and someone else tho I must apologize that I cannot remeber her name~Visited with Dawn for a while~DH could not find me then LOL~Did not stay for the dinner Friday nite tho did have many wonderfull meals out~Our rule is no resturaunt we have at home unless no other choice.

Told DH to plan on going again next year~so many more classes I want to take!! So much more to buy!!  Picked up the things that I had ordered to avoid shipping charges etc.

Oh yeah  went to 7/11 and got the biggest banana slurpee they had and even took pics of it. LOL

have so many pics but still can't figure out how to post them  :(  I did show them to everyone here tho.

Each class had a critique form~all my instructors got 10s!

If I thought I coulda gotten away with it I woulda called in sick today to stay home and play with all my new toys!!!

Hi, Sew Happy! It was me in the restroom, LOL...... I thought you were with Ardelle! At the end of the Dusty Farrell class I noticed you over on the other side of the room! We were in the same class together. I missed Shirley in my Claudia Pfeil class. It was a very nice show; the only negative is the vendor mall and quilt show are not open long enough. I was told by Claudia's publicist that the vendors get to decide on the hours so she asked us to write on our forms that we would like longer hours or at least one night open until 7. That would have been nice; as we cut ourselves too short with classes during the show's open hours. I won't do that next year.

Such a strange place to meet people, in the washroom! Then never ran into either of you again......it was a great show, I think I got a little carried away shopping! And really enjoyed my classes (Dusty Farrell, Jamie Wallen, Linda Taylor and Claudia Pfeil) and the supper with the APQS girls was great! All over too soon.....

Now Roger and I are on our way to Portland for Spring Market, the scenic way! We are currently in Crescent City, California. Up th coast to Portland tomorrow!

Lisa & Ardelle`

It appears we took the same classes I loved them all tho each for a different reason!

On the critique form one of the questions was -why did you take this class?

I wrote simply "Its Linda Taylor"!!

I used my cup as soon as I got home.  LOL

Ardelle- I too got carried away with the shopping...but I knew I would  (So did Tom!)

Linda-I wish I knew you were in Dusty's class-were you as awestruck as I was?  Tho I would have like to see a broader variety - tho he did show how to apply it alot of different ways.

I have watched the videos so many times-really want to do the Spirographs in glow in the dark thread!!

Trinity, I enjoyed meeting and visiting with you as well! I had so much fun blinging!!!    Sew Happy, I too longed to see Dusty fill a large area up although I still got a lot out of his class and would take more from him. He has quite a sense of humor and makes me laugh.

Archived