micro handles

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Whatever:  I don't have micro handles for your "new" Ult 2, but I've learned you don't need them.  When you receive your machine you'll discover that the "scooting" foot has a horizontal rod protruding from the presser foot rod tension clamp.  I use that rod to guide my machine when I do detail work.  It also allows you to lift the foot when you encounter a seam that the foot catches on.  (the original intent of the rod I'd guess)  Most likely your's will point to the left (mine did) when it's delivered.  I'm right handed, and guide the machine with my right hand when I do detail.  I simply loosened the presser foot rod clamp and rotated it 180 degrees so it is on the right hand side.  Since the foot does not hop like on other models, the presser foot rod remains in a constant position, and there's no danger of pinching your fingers.

If you decide to do this, it's probably a good idea to mark the verticle position of the clamp before you loosen it so if it slips down when you turn it, you, you can return it to the proper height.  (BTW, the clamp's position adjusts the spring tension of the presser foot)  I found the protruding rod a bit slippery, so I threaded the hole in it, and turned a cap screw whose head is just a bit larger in diameter than the rod, into it, and now it's easy to grip.  Simply putting some masking tape on it would probably provide a similar improvement in grip.  Works great for me.  Jim

Archived