Please say a prayer for Colorado flood and fire victims!

Cathy,

According to the news Estes Park is totally isolated, cut off from everything.  The only way out was down Trail Ridge Road.  Now they have cut it off for emergency traffic only.  The town of Lyons below Estes Park is also cut off from the world.  The helicopters were trying to reach the residents to evacuate them out of Lyons.  The water is now flooding down to the farm land.  Boulder is also affected by the floods.  So much flooding of homes and such human tragedy.

Diana

Without a doubt, prayers are needed and are going up.

Diana,  thanks for reminding us of this. 

Cathy H,  special prayers.   I wonder if any of this is affecting a former member,

GrammieTammie.. Not so sure of her area or of the flooding from/near her.

Anyway,  the link is very informative, and so heart wrenching.

Rita

I believe Grammie Tammie is still in Westcliff CO which is way south.  They said on the news this morning that Estes Park downtown is flooded.  So sad as in 2 weeks the elk watchers would be overflowing the town.  The elk just hang out in Estes Park and on the street corners.  It was such a beautiful sight to watch the bull elk round up the females.  For those who don't know Estes Park is a beautiful tourist town.  In 2 weeks the Colorado Quilt Council puts on the Quilt a Fair at the Boulder County Fairgrounds.  Huge, huge vendor show.  Not sure what will happen there.  The whole state of Colorado has been impacted by floods.  So, so sad

Diana

Thanks ,Diana, for the update on Estes Park. I finally heard from my sister and she is okay. She has a house in the Stanley heights area, which is on higher ground, and there is no flooding, except at the north entrance, the road is out.

All roads out of EP are damaged and may take months to repair. The little town of Lyons is reported to be completely demolished.

We grew up in Florida and she now lives in Sugarland TX ( Houston suburb) so she has never lost her disaster preparedness training and is well stocked with food, water, and she still has electricity. But the entire downtown of EP is under water, and it looks like more rain is in store,

Boulder looks even worse, so much destruction, 2013 has been one very unlucky weather year-- maybe there is something to the number!

Archived