Remember we were talking about Craftsy recently...

Rita:  Finding the time is one of the beauties of Craftsy.  You can watch a lesson anytime...even in short bites...you can replay the stuff you missed & can stop it whenever you want.  The next time you log in, it will return to the place where you paused it.  You don't have to get dressed or drive (or fly) to a workshop.  You can watch it whenever you need a refresher which is what I'm doing today.  I couldn't remember how Angela Walters stitched her tile design which I first viewed six months ago.  All I had to do was log on to Craftsy, choose Angela's class and find the note I had made indicating exactly where it was in her lesson that she talked about this particular pattern.  

Of course time to dream is important too, Rita, but I always find the time to learn.      Nancy in Tucson

The day I stop learning will be a sad day for me.    It all has to be as I go or as I schedule time.

Missed the deadline to enter the quilt show..  makes me sick.  I have two beautiful projects, one a

quilt, one a wall hanging,  both mixed media.  Now I brave another show somewhere close, or wait 2

years.

Just learned yesterday, in making a Quilt Of Valor that needs to be turned in this Sat., that

I need to double check everything as we start each new step, and again a short time later.   I was

cutting one strip into  one size, 4"  and Himself was cutting his at 4.25 I sewed 2 sections to the

center block, then when donecongratulating myself on a job well done, and it went so easy, when

I noticed the diff in sizes... well,  job well done was frogged, only took me about half an hour to frog

30 blocks, and am in the rezing step now.

Atrophia has hit, so didn't notice I'd cut the end of my finger on an old style roller cutter..

Not fun.. but,   check, check, check and double check.  and double check again.  Simple, so easy

to forget.

That was  Lesson one yesterday.

Lesson 2, it is possible to get cut with a roller cutter, on the same hand that was holding it, and

while properly using it.   The blade stopped, my finger didn't, and it slipped right onto the blade.

I guess I don't have a death grip on the rollercutter.  This is the second time that has happened.

We now have a strip of med. sand paper where I rest my finger while cutting, to compensate for

the thumb problems, and now stop my hand from slipping.

Lesson 3.. can't congratulate myself on a job well done, until it is well done and the next step is

correctly being executed, or until the whole job is done. 

Lesson 4, realizing we all make mistakes, mine was in not checking, his was in not hearing what I was

saying so "assumed"  he knew what was needed. 

Big sigh,  yesterday is gone..  

God Bless,

Archived