Ultimate II on Ebay

The only company that I am aware of that will add stitch regulator is Intellistitch.  It costs aprox $3,000 to have one added.  I have an Ult 11 that has Intellistitch regulator and the invoice in 2001 was $2999

Delores:  If you're looking to get an inexpensive longarm, and don't really know what to look for, this is probably a good one to start with.  I have a Ult2 that I had an Intellistitch upgrade done on, and really like the machine.  I've done several things to "Zelda" to suit my needs, the most important being the table rebuild.  I didn't like the roller configuration on the original wooden table, so I built a new one.  The one that's listed on e-Bay has a newer Lenni type table which has a more modern roller set up.  The only problem with that is that they say it's only 10'.

I consider Zelda to be superior to the new Lenni's, after all she has electronic channel locks and power lift and a batting access system.  My point here is that for a modest purchase price you can have a really good "platform" to build on.  You get the opportunity to use an unregulated "real" longarm and find out if you like quilting.  You might decide you like an unregulated machine, and that's all you want. (there are several forum members who do some really great work on unregulated machines)  If you decide you want regulation, the Intellistitch is a great addition.  After you use the machine for a while, you might decide the 20" machine is not quite big enough for what you want to do.  You can sell and buy a bigger machine, you might decide quilting is not for you.  Again you can sell it. -you don't have a huge investment in it.  With the Ult2 it won't be necessary to replace the machine because it's not up to the job.  It'll handle any job you throw at it.  Jim

Archived