Monster Quilt - what to quilt?

I can't post a pic but I just finished a quilt top (for my grand for Christmas) that is a monster quilt, "Monster Mash." There are only 6 large monsters on white fabric. I will just echo around each monster but what neat monster thing can I put in the sashing and borders? I have plenty of quilty room to have fun but don't know what to put! Here is the pic of the pattern. Mine looks somewhat like this but a bit larger.

post-3653-0-02268600-1381176140_thumb.jpg

Muddy Max is the one I used. It was lots of fun. I did change up something about every block but mostly followed the rules. I am going to put a hanging sleeve so they will hang it in his room cause it is not soft and fluffy. I love all the ideas from everyone. Vicky, thanks for the pics. Perhaps one day I will figure out how to get the camera stick out of the computer! Sigh!

Hi Vickie,

you did a wonderful job on that quilt, I'm sure Sylvia will find some inspiration there !

I made that quilt over ten years ago for my nephew and it is here at the moment for my own little quiltshow at my guilde meeting, I did not quilt in the monsters

only around them and I did swirls in the borders. Still happy with it after so many years and quilts later !

regards

Lisa from Germany

Archived