Any Apqs owners in Ontario Canada

A couple of resources  

We have a longarmers organization called SOLO.  Soloquilts@gmail.com email to get on the list.  You just missed the meeting last week but the next one is March 30, 2014 in Elora.  No charge to belong usually a couple of dollars to cover coffee and soft drinks at the meeting.  We also have a yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOLOquilts/ and I believe there may be a Facebook page both are quite new.

Carol Cunningham thequiltbatt@sympatico.ca is our local dealer and it would probably be worth the money to spend a day with her and she could show you many of the tools and techniques.

Nigel

Hi! Welcome.  I'm in Ottawa.  You can get very reasonably priced rulers from Deep Blue Templates  (deepbluetemplates.com).  A straight-edge that comfortably fits in your hand, circles and ovals, are a good starting point.  Deloa Jones (deloasquiltshop.com) has some awesome rulers.  If you're looking for Canadian thread suppliers, I highly recommend Wonderful Network Canada (wonerfil.net) - Invisifil (100wt poly), Deco-bob (80wt poly), Master Quilter (40wt poly), Konfetti (50 wt cotton) and Tutti (50 wt vaariegated cotton) all work very well on my Milli. Katie van Veldhuizen is the long-arm sales rep - email  [longarm@wonderfil.net].  Hope this was of some help.

I am a fairly new owner of a Lucey and do mainly free motion.  When I got my lesson, I tried a number of techniques like a pantogram, and some straigth line ruler work....I did get the ruler base and ruler from APQS when I got my machine...there are other kinds out there...but I thought I would just start out slowly...and I think it is good to start out getting the extra stuff slowly to find out what you really like doing....I still just have the straight ruler, three pantograms.  I also have some stencils if I want to mark a design line to follow...we went over that too....all the gadgets can add up fast in cost....and for now, I continue to just do my free motion because that is what I really want to do the most of.  I am not a patient formal type person and just like to go with the flow...I make mostly bed and lap quilts for use and quilt only for myself...You can find lots of rulers for quilting but you might just want to do a search for "rulers" or "gadgets" or other key words on this forum to see what others have thought and which ones are their favorites.  Have fun with you new Millie, I got Lucey last March and am having fun now that summer has passed and I have time to quilt...Lin

Archived