what to invest in next?

The Rulers I like are:  Deloa's curved crosshatch and appliquide, my straight crosshatch rulers (I think those are Dawn's??) and I can't forget the Itty Bitty.  My straight ruler I use is the one I got with my base expander.  I also love my stencils, the purchased ones and the homemade ones.

The advice the others have given is great!!  Don't get carried away with a lot of gagets until your ready;  when you are, ask everyone here about the gaget your interested in and if you can try it out prior to purchase....do so.  I went crazy at the start and ended up with a bunch of stuff I didn't like and/or don't use.

I have all sorts of rulers and gadgets but the ones i use most are the little Dainty Ditcher that fits in my palm, and a couple of small circle rulers that fit in my palm. And I have Janet-Lee's favorite for a longer straight edge. Everything else is not really super duper necessary (as a newbie) so save your $$$ and buy only the essentials.

You did Good, Joan..

It's just what I was going to suggest, along with some neutral color threads, and

fabric to piece or use for practice.

Jamie Wallen suggests practicing on paper or a dry erase, a single element

like a c  or an e  and an L  over and over, one at a time, until you can do it in your

sleep.

The only quilt related dream I had was the elves running around on the quilt

frogging the quilting.  LOL

Rita

Archived