T-shirt quilt question

I just finished my 4th t-shirt quilt for a customer. Does anyone turn T-shirt quilts away? I'm thinking of refusing to quilt those anymore. Millie does not like quilting over the screen printing. I always end up with skipped stitches and spend a lot of time ripping. I don't feel like I am able to do my best quilting on these. Thanks for your advice.

I don't quilt over the puffy stuff. I also state I'm no responsible for puckers if ther interfacing is not fused correctly. If you don't like doing them, send them to someone who does. I find I spend a little more time on them, but I'm not busy enough to pick and choose. Although there are a couple of ladies I will NOT ever quilt for. They never say anything nice about anything.

Shirley

Do you use a different size needle on the t-shirt quilts?

Nope...I always use a 4.0.

The only thing I've needed to do is a minor top tension tweak, and I do this on every new quilt top.

I do try to slow down over the screen printed areas and seams.

And I almost always have done a simple all over like swirls or a large meander.

When I I'd my sons, I used a QZ board..square spiral...that was fine, too.

Ladies, and Gents,

If you use a little silicone spray on the areas it's a "drag" to sew through, it will help you a lot.

The spray doesn't affect the fabric, the machine, and I love it because it doesn't bother my breathing.

And gives a pretty stitch right on through thick seams.

I tend to use things that make it easier for me.

Rita

Archived