Fantastic Thursday March 20, 2014

I tired so very hard to make yesterday Thursday you just don't know!!!!

Now it is really here, so I thought I would share a full photo of my Spring Boutique quilt! The sun washed out the colors but if you arrow over you can see the other picture with truer colors. ;)

13288878853_8e07d3f23b.jpg
002 by delld1964, on Flickr

I have 17 blocks made for my red and white pineapple quilt. So very Happy!!!! :D

And Frannie Ann came home Tuesday and she is back on the table and purring purrfectly!!! WOW! I could not believe how much better she is after visiting APQS land and getting some of that Amy and staff Magic!    :wub:

I love your applique quilt...all hand?  Wow:)  Here is a baby quilt for grandson number 2 coming late April.  The pattern is Okey Dokey Owls and Friends.  I used some of what I learned from Lisa Sipes class in Phoenix, Doodling with Purpose.  Super fun!  The next one on Edna is a large civil war repo quilt...30 plus of the same block.  I think I will need some Geritol to get me through it!

13292261633_332ba857b2.jpg

No Charlotte. It is done with matching Metro thread with a machine blanket stitch set at 1.5! It would never get done if by hand!   :D

Love your owl quilt and so very cute!!!!! Great quilting to and looks like lots of fun!!!

Dell, I've drooled over that pattern for some time, but have not gotten up the courage to try it yet. Maybe one day, I do love to do applique.

Charlotte, I've come across that owl pattern before and thought it was cute, but your rendition is waaaay more than cute, just adorable! I love the bright colors and all the polka dots.

Dell, I love love love your Spring Bouquet quilt!  And Charlotte, those owls are adorable!

I spent today completing the assembly of my Farmer's Wife blocks.  111 blocks, all different, finished at 6", with 1" sashing and cornerstones.  What was I thinking???  It was in progress for almost 3 years.  I think perhaps I pieced one or two simple blocks in the beginning and all of the rest were paper pieced.  I still have to put borders on the top, but I see light at the end of the tunnel.  :D

post-3802-0-60252800-1395362473_thumb.jpg

Beautiful quilts ladies!!  I love the appliqué and the colors are so bright and pretty!  Love the owls too!  They are adorable and I love how you quilted them!  Carmen your farmer's wife quilt is gorgeous!  I can't wait to see how you quilt it!  

I am working on several small customs for someone who is pulling together another book and exhibit using bits and pieces of antique quilts so I can't show it yet, but fun!  My afternoon was a routine dr. visit and then did you all know that if you have a Keurig and it stops working that Bed Bath and Beyond will exchange it for you even if you did not buy it from them?  Apparently Keurig reimburses them for defective machines so I am enjoying a much hotter cup of coffee this morning from my new machine!  So my thursday was pretty good!

Archived