HQ 18 Avante-Wanting to buy

I'm curious, why do you want an HQ?  I would much rather have one of the first line machines like a APQS or a Gammill, etc.  In MHO a much wiser buy.  In fact there's an APQS Ultimate II here with Intellistitch stitch regulator offered on this listing for just $4000 which I believe will be a much better choice and value.  If I were looking for a machine, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  But then, I already have one.  BTW, I spent a lot more for mine than that.  Please post a reply about your machine choice.  I'm really curious.  Thanks, and good luck.  Jim

We have a dealer nearby that has been in business for years. That was important to me to have service close to my home. I have two friends that have quilting businesses. One has the HQ Avante & one has the HQ Fusion & both of them love them and say they have been very trouble free and low maintance for them. 

Well, you do have a reason.  I will caution you though, just because there is a local dealer, doesn't mean you'll automatically get great support.  We have domestic machines that the local dealers can't fix.  On the other hand, I know that the product support of APQS is outstanding, local dealer or not.  

I've looked at HQ machines in the past, and their tables didn't look all that great to me.  Maybe the current versions are better, but I wouldn't have wanted the ones I saw.  

Check the listings here back for about 6 months.  Often times machines listed sometime ago are still available.  Good luck in your search.  Jim

I have an HQ Avante for sale, but am not nearly close enough for it to be of any interest to you.

I bought mine about a year ago, and chose it because of the proximity of a local dealer and my belief that I wanted and needed that local support.

Unfortunately, that dealer stopped representing HQ less than 6 months after my purchase. The new dealer is not nearly as knowledgeable and does not do any on-site service.

Just keep these things in mind, and good luck in your search.

If you've got your heart set on an HQ, that's just fine.  I wonder, however, about the need to have service close by.  I see people say this a lot.  I've had my APQS machine for 10 years and have never needed to take it to someone for service or have someone come here to service it.  You learn a lot about your machine in day-to-day use, and taking care of it and replacing a part here and there become second nature.  Most machines are made so well these days, it's not like your sewing machine that you need to take in every year or so.

The APQS machines are designed in such a way that the consumer can fix/replace almost all of the parts themselves.  If or when a part needs to be replaced, the part is sent with a wonderful set of instructions with pictures and of course the great techs at the factory are only a phone call away and cheerfully "hold your hand" as they guide you through the process over the phone.  I am always amazed at the ability of the techs to diagnose a problem over the phone..."just hold your phone up to the machine so we can hear what is going on".  AMAZING!!  The machines are designed this way because they have machines in home in various countries all over the world and service technicians may not be any where near.  There are APQS machines that are 30+ yrs old still in use today!!  They are a workhorse!

If you purchase an HQ machine like your friends have you will have great support from them.  We all love OUR machines and think we made the best choice.  Try out several different brands before making your decision and purchase what is right for YOU.

Archived