what is included in T-shirt pricing

I charge $450 for a completed quilt. (80ish by 80ish)  All they provide is the shirts.  I pull from my stash unless they specify they want one theme - like all baseballs or perhaps zebra stripe.  I provide the backing and the batting and I bind it.  I don't really like to get the customer toooooooo involved in the process as they have no idea what the final product will look like as they are selecting fabrics.  I can't tell you how many I've done - perhaps 60 and I have 2 in waiting now.    I don't make small ones as I don't feel it pays enough.  I don't do king as I don't want to.  I am just bad like that!

Tella, I use 16 T-shirts.  Once in awhile I will put two short ones together to get one block but most often not.   Bonnie, I'd love to post lots of T-shirt pictures but I have no idea how to do that.  I changed from a PC to a Mac and everything is floating around here somewhere but I can't necessarily find it again.  Every day I have to re-learn how to do most things and finding the pictures and "posting" a pic is not an easy or fast task.  If i run across them by accident I will keep in mind trying to post them!  :blink:

Do you make 14 or 16 inch blocks? I do put two shirts together when they short and have also put sleeve designs into the blocks. Well I guess I will know your problem soon enough we are changing to Mac's soon. The home computer is now a Mac and my laptop will soon be a Mac. Still working out the picture thing for the home computer, yikes! Thanks for the help I took your advice and went to charging a flat fee makes my life easier. :)

I charge $25 per shirt and that includes everything - the customer brings me a stack of tshirts (usually 20) and I return a completed quilt.  I provide all the fabric, interfacing, batting, thread, and work.  However, I do custom quilting on it.  Matching thread colors to shirt colors and doing different backgrounds/fills in most shirts (like a sampler almost).  Usually the ones I do are for graduation gifts so I include the student's name on one of the horizontal sashing strips, High School and grad year on another and sometimes other activities the student participated in on the last two (i.e. State Football Champions 2014; Marching Band ~ Flute; Varsity Cheerleader; etc..)

I use a 3.5 inch sashing between 12.5 blocks and for the outer border it's a 6.5 inch.  I put the binding (2.5 inch) on by machine, but sew it down on back by hand (I'm one of those nutty folks who enjoy the relaxation of hand sewing the binding down :) )   If I have fabric in my stash, I use it, but will buy fabric for sashing, binding, or backing if needed.  I do like it when I can find an awesome fabric that accents the activities the shirts represent.  The best one was a superhero tshirt collection and I found a backing fabric that showed a nighttime cityscape (just waiting for the superhero to swoop in and save the night so to speak, LOL)

I'm actually gearing my business more to these as I find it a good moneymaker, and fairly steady work.  I try to put the word out about now to remind folks to book a slot now for Christmas, and in January I'll start marketing to folks with graduations coming up.

Archived