Spent the day....

We spent all day yesterday on the road to the Northern Montana quilt shops that are on the upcoming shop hop selling my pattern!! We met the nicest people!! My pattern is selling like hotcakes!! What a wonderfull feeling. I now have a NEW favorite quilt shop!! I won't say which one as all are great fun and each one is different! Now I have to plan a "teaching" trip as they all want me to teach it as well!! Took the whole family and it was such fun! Great weather also - no snow left on the ground I'd say Spring is well on the way!! Yea!!

Patty

Website?? I cannot even get my pics to post!! What part of Oregon? My folks live in Grants Pass and we visit them frequently - I never thought of teaching anywhere other than my own local shops. This has very interesting possibilities!! I think I'll really look into it!!

Patty

Patty , I worked at a LQS in Port Orford Or only 3 hours from Grants Pass you may want to stop by , we have over 4000 bolts of fabric population is only 1200 thats says something doesn't it . We are the best quilt store on OR coast , store is called Quilters Corner next to the post office just of hwy 101 .

You may even want to sell you patterns here and teach . email me if intersted

Hey Patty,

That's great news about the hot pattern. I love to hear stories about people doing their own thing and succeeding. Way to go, girl.

Did I miss the post with your new pattern name in it? Or is it a secret??? ....ssshhhhh.... Just post it here. I won't tell anybody.;)

I would love to see your work or get the pattern name.

Congratulations, Patty!! Beth and I are in the Portland, OR, area, so not close to Grants Pass, but closer than you are right now, LOL!

Say, it might LOOK like spring, like it did here the other day, but our temps at night are winter temps! Can't wait to switch to my sunshiny clothes.

Have LOTS of fun teaching your pattern and finding new outlets. Way to go!

No but I love "Back Door Quilt Shop"!! (I bought my Long Arm from that shop) My new favorite Montana shop is in Great Falls!! "Big Sky Quilts" My favorite in South Dakota is "Fay's Henhouse Quilts" -Minnesota is "Emily's Country Cottage" - California is "Thimblecreek"- Oregon is a shop in Bend tho I don't remember the name I have two favorites in Idaho!! Ohh my the list just goes on & on! LOL

Patty

Patty,

I'm up here in Portland, not exactly close to Grants Pass, but I do have a guest room! Wendy's currently looking for teachers for classes for Spring Quarter (April-June) If you are interested, drop a line to www.hearttohandonline.com, and let her know about your pattern, etc.

Beth

Well, In Bend, Oregon it could be one of several. I really like the shop and the gals at Sew Many Quilts. They have recently moved into a new location on Wilson Ave, I haven't been there yet but I'm sure it's wonderful. We also have The Pine Needles near downtown, BJ's Quilt Basket at the south end of town, and The Mercantile up on Newport past Greenwood Ave is my little boy's favorite ~~ they have the best toys for him to play with!

We are so lucky to have all these great shops in our area. Of course there is another in Redmond, one in Madras and the biggie, The Stitchin' Post in Sisters. Shop Hop is in a few weeks. Lucky ME!

And the BEST shop of all is our little Prairie Girls' Quilt Shop here in Prineville. Western to die for, and lots of friendly service. In fact, I often hear it's the friendliest place any quilter could ever visit. In 2008 they'll be moving into brand new digs just outside of town, in Powell Butte, on the road to Redmond and Bend. They're planning a fabulous space just for classes, hint, hint! ;)

Archived