Inspiration website

I found this site and if you have an extra hour (or three) to spare, take a look at all the inspiration assembled in one spot. 

Designs are sorted by artist, nationality, color, genre, decade--it's great!

Look at-- 

floral

geometric

pattern

I just finished a large quilt pieced with 100% William Morris fabrics and the category with his designs is stunning! 

http://www.design-is-fine.org/

Oh, that looks like a great site to spend some time at! Thanks for sharing, Linda! I hope you will share a picture of the quilt you quilted, too??? :rolleyes:

I love the Morris prints, after seeing a quilt The Green Fairy quilted in a pattern called "Capistrano" in Judy Martin's "Stellar Quilts" book. This gal had pieced it with a Morris fabric line by Barbara Brackman that was too out of print to get my hands on. But I now own one-yard pieces of each print in the "A Morris Tapestry" line plus either a fat quarter bundle or a fat eighth bundle. I'm hoping that's enough to make something spectacular one day. I've been looking to find some neutral backgrounds of Morris prints but I may have to wait a while to gather enough. It's on my "Bucket List."

Sharon and Bonnie--the site was glitching when I checked it earlier but seems to be fine now. I think what happened is the site was overwhelmed by viewers. I found this on a large image-sharing group and with many thousands of followers all looking at once, sometimes it goes bad until the traffic clears. Give it a try now. :)

Archived