Angel Baby Quilt

I am planning on making an angel baby quilt and was wondering if anyone who has made one would like to give any helpful information.  Did you use white cotton for top and back fabric or did you use a sateen fabric?  Did you use a particular batting?  What about the thread?  I am thinking that I will use white cotton for top and backing fabric with maybe wool batting and of course white thread.  I am using JoAnn's Pattern so I should be okay pattern wise because that is the go to pattern. I am making this for a friend at work who has just had two new grandbabies in the last month and want to get it to her in the next couple of weeks.

Hope everyone has had the best of Christmas seasons and will have the Happiest of New Years.  I appreciate all of the help that the fine folks on this forum has given me this year.  My studio has grown by leaps and bounds and is hopefully going to continue to do so. 

Happy Quilting

Mary

I've made several of these.  Cotton Sateen top color cotton bottom (blue or pink).  I've used Cotton top and micro fleece on the bottom and that worked well too.  Usually use sew Fine or Metro thread and have had no problems.  I always use wool because I want the quilting to really show.

Cheryl what a lovely idea to make one for mom's who have lost their precious babies.  You should contact Joann and see if she can reduce the pattern for you or give you permission to go to one of the office stores that can reduce the pattern.  pattern can be found here:  http://www.compuquil...coweb.com/shop/

I have seen this quilt, it is so beautiful.  I am a nurse and am thinking of making a few for our fetal deaths at the hospital.  My question is can you make the pattern smaller  and which web site did you find the pattern at?  Thanks  Cheryl

What a caring thought, Cheryl.  I  bought extra wide cotton sateen (120" wide) and made two at a time as I had two gifts to make at the same time.  You could do similar for the smaller ones.  It is just a bit more work, but the bonus is you just have one loading to do.

I just loved doing the baby angel quilt. Heidi did some amazing things on hers if you go back thru forum you might be able to pull them up. The only advice I can give and I laugh now when I think about it I used the air erasable pen and after 4 hours of making sure everything was perfect and went around the table to the beginning it was all gone!! I will be honest I just used wide white cotton and it turned out great and after my granddaughters dedication I told my daughter to get some use out of it. Well she did just that and it looks quite used but there are so many pictures of her everywhere with that blanket it touches my heart. Let us see it when you get it done.

Archived