Storage for Pantos

I got my latest edition of Nancy's notions in the mail today, and I saw this.

productr.asp?pf%5Fid=SO8&gift=False&HSLB=False&mscssid=0797904594F9C4F599A648B354989CEE

That is the weblink, I guess we can post our personal pictures on here anymore.

Anyways, it is a rack to hold your stabilizer rolls on, but I thought it would work well for holding the panto's. This would also actually work good if you had the space in your sewing room for it, which I don't, LOL.

Blessings and hugs

Tracey

Judy,

Thats a cool idea. I am still in the process of having my sewing room built. I can't call what I am using at this time a sewing room cause you can hardly walk in it or find anything in it. Mainly it's a big storage room. I will look into having my husband build me something like that when my room is done.

Thanks for sharing that picture with us.

Kim

Guest Linda S

I've got all of mine in mailing tubes from Office Depot, but need to take the time to label the outside of the tubes so I know what's inside.:P I have the labels, you think I could sit down for ten minutes and do it? How about now? Nah!

Linda

Do they make clear PVC pipe of some kind? HUM! Something that is clear then you wouldn't have to make labels hehe! You would be able to see part of the panto design and they would store easily. This is really a good way to brain storm. LOL! :P

Kim C

I love all the great ideas that I get on this forum. On the panthos, I like to see all of the designs before I decide which to use. I was thinking of making a reduced copy (8-1/2 x 11) of each one to put into a binder. I'd number each of them and then put that number on the corresponding tube that holds the pantho. I still do alot of quilting for my family & friends so they could look at the binder when they bring over a quilt. I think it is a good idea but, like Linda, now I need to sit down and do it. Maybe tomorrow night. Hmmm?

I use an over the door shoe holder for my pantos. It is designed to hold about 20 pair of shoes and hang in a closet. Since the plastic sleeve is clear you can easily see the panto label (if you rolled it back up from the correct end!) and there is room to store about 3 or 4 rolls in each loop. I bought mine at WallyWorld for about $6.00. It is in the dept with laundy aids..ironing board covers etc. I don't have a lot of pantos so I haven't had to use the back side yet...not certain how that will work at this point.

Cheryl

Cheryl: I love those things! I have them over every door in my whole sewing area. What I need are more doors!:P

I keep rotary cutters, thimbles, hand and sewing needles, greeting cards (which I'm always buying and then losing), thread swatch cards, marking pens/pencils, screw drivers, . . you name it and I have it in those plastic shoe holders.

I should say . . yes, of course they are alphabetized but sadly, they are NOT! I do try to keep them where I can see the name at a glance.

This whole setup cost probably less than $10 to make, fits snugly against the wall so it takes up about 5 inches of space.

For the pantos that I have, I have collected laminating sheets from elementary schools that they have to waste, and trace the pattern from the panto, label them with the size and then when a customer comes, I can take the laminating sheets down off a pants hanger (preclipped with stationary clips) and can lay it over the quilt top, so they can see what the quilting will look like, makes it very easy for them to decide. I like Judy L. wall hanger, but I just bought two wreath tubs at half price, and will be able to put them in there and only take them out when the pattern is chosen.

I have heard that you can purchase laminating sheets or overhead plastic at stationary stores. Just something to think about.

• 5 months later...

Archived