lock nut

Lizbeth

Facing the machine about 10" in from the right side something would stop the machine and I really had to pull hard to get past it. Of course I had awful stitches, when it got past the spot it speed up like crazy. What mess. Finally after looking and looking I figured out the lock nut attached to the bolt holding the stepping motor to the frame would stop the machine. I am not sure how to fix it. Is there a possibility of putting on a thinner nut? The motor is held on to the table with 4 bolts. Should I just remove the nut while I am at that end quilting?

Any suggestions

Thanks

post-63302-0-74071500-1424791910_thumb.jpg

You didn't really explain where the problem is, and your photo isn't very good.   The photo looks like it might be rotated 90 degrees, which makes it even more difficult to ID the problem.  It looks to me like you may have an automated stitching system (computer), and the drive system is catching on the nut.  Right?

Whatever the case, there is something wrong.  It wasn't built so the nut will catch on something.  You need to figure out what's wrong, and fix that.  Taking the nut off may solve the immediate problem, but it is not the final solution to the issue.  Good luck.  Jim 

I am not very good at explanation - the motor is attached to a bracket with 4 bolts and lock nuts, that bracket is attached to the frame.  I am assuming it runs the belt at the front of the table. I have bliss.

The carriage that the machine rides on has a bracket (that has little brushes) rides along a tube back and forth on the table. When it comes back all the way to right side that bracket hits the first lock nut that is holding the motor. It maybe is only 1/8 of a inch too high,enough to stop the machine, I have to force it to get by the lock nut. Evidently when they set it up for me, they put the motor up too high.

I am not a mechanic so I am not sure how to fix it, maybe a washer on the bracket to tilt it.

I don't know

Thanks

Lisbeth

I agree with Jim it is hard to tell what is going on from the picture.  Can you undo that nut and bolt and then put the bolt in from the bottom and the nut at the top?  It looks like a nylock type nut so no fear of it coming loose on it's own.  Who's computer system is it?  Then maybe someone with the same system will recognize the problem.

Nigel

Archived