Dulcimer Wall Hanging A Hit

Just got back from a 4 day camping trip to the Dulcimer festival where I donated my dulcimer wallhanging.  The wallhanging was a hit.  Took pics of the lady who won it.  It was funny because after they ended I asked her if I could get a picture of her and the wallhanging.  After I took the picture she looked at me a little funny and asked if I was taking the pic for personal reasons.  I said, "Yes, because I made it and wanted it for my scrap book."  She looked at the tag on the quilt and then started laughing.  "I thought it was going to be Jean like a woman's name. ( My name is David Eugene and I go by Gene.)  I said, "nope it's just a boy's Gene."  Then we started talking quilting.

The festival was fun as usual.  12 hours of onstage music...10:00 am to 10:00 pm both Friday and Saturday.  Set your lawn chair up outside and just listen.  I did a lot of reading, relaxing and very little playing.

My friend, Kate and her husband had their 5th wheel right across from me.  She is a quilter and they have a huge toy hauler.  She sets her quilting room up in the back of the RV.  I had gone to another town about 15 miles away and ordered a roll pattern called Jelly Roll Race.  Had to go back Saturday to get it after they had cut the Jelly Roll.  Kate went with me and ended up buying the same thing except in Christmas Colors.  Mine is browns and golds.  Never done a Jelly Roll Race pattern before but looking forward to doing it.

Here's some pics of the festival (if you're interested) and also a pic of the Jelly Roll Race quilt made in the Christmas Colors.  Believe it or not but the brown and gold one (which they had already given back to the person who made it) was even more beautiful.

David

post-66081-0-86817500-1431347378_thumb.jpg

post-66081-0-04255200-1431347403_thumb.jpg

post-66081-0-21346600-1431347426_thumb.jpg

post-66081-0-89253300-1431347444_thumb.jpg

Archived