Farmer's Wife Quilt -- Yikes!!

I need advice/pictures on how to quilt a Farmer's Wife quilt.

I've done several custom sampler quilts before but this one needs to be even more 'fancy custom' than the usual, if that makes sense.

I can look up each block on line and find lots of ways to make the block but not much help in how to quilt them so any suggestions would be a great help!

I have the book and can see the quilting(barely) in some of the pictures but not enough. I'm going nuts trying to design each individual block!

Thanks a bunch!

Tori

Here are pictures of my Farmer's Wife quilt.  The fabrics are Civil war reproduction and I quilted the same feather motif in all of the blocks, another feather motif in the setting triangles and the corner triangles. Each of the borders are quilted differently, however the red/black/red border is treated as one.  SID throughout the entire quilt, and no quilting in the sashing and cornerstones.

111 blocks, all different, too many to try to do something different in each one. I suggest you choose a motif that compliments the fabrics and feel of the quilt and do each block the same.  I have a friend who has her FW quilted with a panto border to border and the borders are quilted separately.  

Please post pictures of the quilt when it is finished, I am sure it will be lovely.

post-3802-0-66899700-1442969847_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-19460700-1442969867_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-97891900-1442969885_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-48286000-1442969904_thumb.jpg

Carmen!  Your quilt is fabulous.  I am working on a sampler-ish quilt that is NOT a farmer's wife quilt it will have 111 blocks of various types, so what you've done is great for me to see. I was wondering how I am going to quilt this after I'm done--now I have an idea of what type of quilting looks terrific.  Thanks. I learned a lot by looking at your quilt.  IF I ever get my quilt finished, I will quilt it and post photos. 

Archived