POLYNESIAN PEARL QUILT

phil

Ok, Phil, I'll bite. Who's Eleonore? My MIL's name is Eleanor. She taught French for many years in a high school, and had exchange students many times. She's love knowing there's someone named Eleonore in France who quilts. Tell us about her? Or am I just an ignoramous and haven't met her because I'm still rather new?

And do post the pic! If you hit the reply button at the right it will give you a box that says "Choose file", and then you can pick it off your desktop. If you haven't resized it to under 600 or so it might not work, though. Can't wait to see what the French Eleonore does!

:D

This particular patch was done for a book on "creative curves" rulers that my mother has written.

My mom does the sewing part, and I do the quilting. It's great because, unlike custom quilting, I can really do what I want and have a lot of fun.

The back of the patch looks great: the backing is black and the threads I used in the bobbin are very colorful. It looks like a "photo negative" of the patchwork's front side.

Archived