Road show, test drive Millie,driving distance from SW Louisiana

smdaigle

You should check with our local guild and find if anyone in the area has a Millie that they will let your play with.  I know that my local longarmer let me bring by a quilt sandwich.  She showed me all kinds of wonderful new ideas and ways to mark my quilts, fix booboos, and some wonderful new designs.  I learned a lot, and better yet go to know a fellow quilter.  She did not have an issue I had a George, it all translates to turning out better quilts when your done.

Best of luck shopping for your new toy.

Cagey

In my opinion, a Road Show is the way to go.  For one thing, you can try all the machines and compare them in one place--and they will let you see just what options are important to you too--also, there is often a big discount for folks who purchase at a road show.  I know I saved thousands, and also got free shipping.  I was determined to buy a smaller machine, but after using them all, I was convinced that the Millie was the way to go, and I'm so glad I did.  Love it.  There are road show schedules on the home page of the APQS site, so check them out.  I ended up driving from Chicago to Davenport Iowa (about 4 hours) for a road show, and it was worth it!  You might even find it worth the cost to get a discount airline ticket to fly to a road show. 

Archived