I usually stitch in the ditch for stars to pop out. Can anyone help me find a way to quilt the stars and make them stars of the quilt? I meanI don't want to take anything away from the stars. Its for a quilt of valor. Thanks for your responses in advance!

For some reason my computer is not letting me look at the pictures up close.  However, based on what I can see in the smaller size, what about doing a fairly dense fill in the light background fabric around each star, after you SID around the star?  If you use a thread that matches the background fabric, that would make the stars pop.

Continuous curves in the star points. An echoed curve around the center block. .like a double continuous curve. Straight lines coming out of the v shaped background between the star points. A fill of your choice in the corner squares. If you don't want to do ruler work for the straight lines, you can get a similar look with L type loops.

Perfect Idea Lynn, and Sheri (thinking the same thing). Its from the quilts of valor. As you probably already know. They send quilts to longarmers to quilt for them. Love to do that, and I get to pray for the person that receives the quilt while Im quilting it. Thanks everyone for helping. I think Ive got it now. LOL

Archived