Hey check this out..

I went out to the patio today and took these pictures.

Earlier this spring we had beautiful weather and my flowers came up and the tree were budding and flowering and everything was beautiful...then Shana sent some terrible cold air our way and it went to about 17 degrees around Easter for about a week. I thought everthing was gone for the year...but they are alive...yippee...

post--13461898093908_thumb.jpg

Okay, now I'm jealous....no flowers here yet....the flower beds have been poorly taken care of here at this place and I am just now getting them ready....although I do have a 38 year old Peonie plant and gorgeous Hibiscus tree the rest need to be replaced.

Did have a bunch of grape seed crocuses show their little heads last week, wonder how old they are...they were just in the grass...maybe that's what I will plant in my front walkway....roses and columbines...or 4 o'clocks.

Great photos, I just love flowers.

wow, do you have an old house?? I love those old varieties of flowers. I keep thinking I will plant some peonies - just haven't done it yet. I love columbines - could look at that flower all day long. They are just so cool.

And those bleeding hearts...they are so pretty...You are lucky to have stuff already planted by someone, I put something new in every year. Iris, hosta, day lilies...I want roses but I think I want to make a bed for them, not just stick 'em in the yard. DH doesn't like it when he has to mow around things.

Beautiful flowers, Mary Beth! June 1st will be the "safe" (no frost) date for us in the way up north country to have our flowers planted outside. We have lots of wild flowers that come up every year, like iris, lupine, daisies, poppies, dogwood, fireweed, and thos little blue flowers that look like blue bells, etc. but we love to plant our perennials up here, too! With the long summer sunny days, our gardens go bonkers. I know it's hard to believe we can have flower and vegetable gardens way up here but we do.

Thanks for sharing those pretty pink flowers. They are gorgeous!

Hi all,

Thanks for reminding me to look for my bleeding hearts, but I think I've missed them for this year. They are in the shade garden on the north side, and I often forget to look over there. My lilacs are pretty much done for the year already, and the roses have already started. Which is why today's agenda is to get the bed weeded. It's looking truly tacky!

But first! A baby quilt block!

Beth

Mary Beth, thank you for sharing your photos. I too have Columbine, in fact I have yellow, pink, purple, dark red and a couple of other colors, and a bleeding hear that is still bleeding. Now I am waiting for the peonies to bloom, only thing is the neighbor boy weed eated down two of them thinking they were weeds, I had to quickly decide "it is only a plant". My first reaction was to yell, but luckily I was so shocked I just stood there staring at the blank space in disbelief.

Beth, my roses are starting to open up too and the irises are about done. Living in damp Oregon does have its advantages.

Oh, Shana, that link was such fun. I just wish I could get appliqued flowers to magically appear on my quilts like that! :D I just LOVE applique, but don't really have to patience for it, although I trying it out more.

Kathy-wanabee in MD

The plant that came with this house is literally 7 foot tall (this bloom is way over my head), and to get that big it must have been planted soon after the original owners moved in during 1969....this plant is gorgeous and this year the blooms are prettier than last if that's possible...These popped out over the weekend. Thought I would share.

post--13461898102785_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Flowers, Bonnie & Mary Beth.

Shana - I've seen the beautiful flowers "way up north" where you live. Simply gorgeous! I noticed you mentioned Fireweed. When I was in St. Michael over the winter, I ate some homemade Fireweed jelly for the first time. Delicious. Did you ever make it or eat it? I never saw it in my area.

Sandy

Chrysler Imperial

I come to the garden alone,

While the dew is still on the roses.

And the voice I hear falling on my ear,

The Son of God discloses...

And He walks with me and He talks with me,

And He tells me I am His own.

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

None other has ever known.

post--13461898103508_thumb.jpg

Archived