Sold a Quilt

SOLD MY FIRST QUILT ON ETSY!

Thanks again Chelley for telling me about Etsy. I listed 7 quilts yesterday and had one inquiry from New Zealand, and 1 purchase from Florida. My Quilts have lots of views, lets hope we have more buys. Oh there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

This is great.

Sewhappy,

ESTY is a website that crafter place their items for sale....it was just introduced to us this week by Chelley...THANKS AGAIN for that Chelley.

go to www.Esty.com and check it out. Its wonderful...and Monika has only been on; what 3 days and has already sold a quilt....yippee skippee for Monika.

Monika that is wonderful. I went and viewed your quilts and they are very nice quilts. What do you use to do all of the machine embroidery? on your webshots, your butterfly quilt is awesome.

thank you for telling us about Etsy. I think I may add a couple of quilts just so I can get some exposure. Like you said, you are not making enough but it is a start. All great adventures start with a single step

My seller ID is "Quiltlover", and that embroidered quilt was done with my Husqvarna Designer I. I think I'll make another like it and post it on ETSY. The one in webshots was made for a dear friend who has colon cancer. It sre brightens her day, especially when she has chemo.

I have been on etsy for the last two days looking at all the wonderful quilts. I might have to put something on there also ( to make a payment). Thanks for letting us know about this wonderful web site.

Angela

Red Leaf Quilting

Good Luck to us all......and thank you all for the compliments, it sure boosts my ego. My hubby says I am my own worst critic, I am always daubting myself and my abilities. So when I get compliments like all of you have been giving me...that feels sooooo good.

Thanks a bunch

Hi Sue, dont be intimidated. It takes a bit of time to upload, especally on dialup, but it does work. If you edit your photos to 1000 by 1000 pxls, it goes fast, I forget to do that hahaha.

As far as payment goes, you must have an active PayPal account, at least that how it works for me. I have a bank account we no longer use just for the business, so paypal takes money for purchases out of it, and when I sell something, they buyer pays paypal and when they have that money, I'll trnsfer to my bank account and ship product. It is actually fairly easy.

Give it a try and I'll be happy to help out anyway I can

Monika-

After I read your post I decided to get brave and go for it. I had already established the separate Paypal account and set up my store. So I photographed some of my smaller quilts-for babies and kids, then took time to describe them and price them.

Their setup made it easy enough for me! Thanks so much for encouraging me. My store is the same as my business: The Quilting Room I hope to take time soon to photo my larger lap quilts and such.

I've discovered that I get too tired of my customers having all the fun and I have to make quilts too. There's no need for them-just my need for an artistic outlet

Archived