Question on Lenni

Hi all,

I have just been looking at pictures of the Lenni. I could be wrong here, but it looks like the wheels are vertical. When I bought my Millie, I was assured that the horizontal wheels were far superior to vertical wheels. I also notice that they are the brown wheels, not the black ones, which supposedly have superior bearings.

Is what I am seeing wrong? or has APQSs' ideas of wheel set up changed?

I can't answer if APQS's ideas have changed about the black wheels or the vertical v horizontal setup.

These wheels look like the fiberglass wheels that are on my older ULT II, which indicates to me that they are using the same glider bed as mine as well. There isn't anything wrong with the wheels, but they aren't as costly as yours are, which I'm sure keeps the cost down some. Some have said that the fiberglass ones aren't as smooth glidding, but since I haven't used them I can't answer that.

Also just a thought, the Millie weighs in at about 54 pounds and the new Lenni they say is what 34 pounds....maybe they don't need the extra good wheels on it because of the weight difference as well. Just guessing here.

Its a good point Bonnie, I hadn't thought of that - brown wheels keeping price down makes sense. But both the discovery and libby are 37 pounds and have vertical wheels.

I'm just curious since horozontal wheels are one of the selling points of APQS machines. And it is something that other quilters who use different brands comment on when they come into my studio.

Cherie

Cherie and Bonnie - Good points, makes a person wonder......

I can not seem to find a photo of this critter. Did get the email with the

info and such..... looked on the home page..... am I missing something?

Not that I want to down-size by NO means, just curious.....

Hi, Judi,

If you go to the apqs.com and click at the bottom for more info the next screen is just a picture of "Lenni's" head. They aren't going to show us the table until the unveiling at MQS...bummer not going to be there.

Another thought Cheri, is that the "Lenni" doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the liberty has so that two will keep the costs down.

Hi Cherie, Judi and Bonni

The wheels on Lenni are vertical and the table has a track on which they run. The thing that is hugely different with the Lenni table is that it can be folded down and put away. I believe this is one reason why the wheels are vertical. Lenni has the wonderful APQS stitch regulator like the Liberty and Millennium without some of the bells and whistles and this is reflected in the price. It will be a terrific machine for those quilters who want to take their machines away to their holiday homes, those on a smaller budget (maybe just venturing into longarm quilting) and those of us who want a second machine and it looks as attractive too!

All the information and professional photos of Lenni will be released next week on this website. I am sure there will be lots of questions then and I I know there is already at least one happy new owner awaiting the arrival of her new baby. Not sure if I'm supposed to say that as Alison may be flooded with lots of orders prior to the show but she'll need a big stick to hit me with all the way over here!

We 'may' have a Lenni on display at the Sydney show at the end of June if everything can be arranged in time, if not, there will be one in Melbourne in July.

Best wishes

sue in australia

• 4 weeks later...

Archived