ceiling outlet

TerriVB

Hi all!!

My Freedom is all put together and in my new studio--now my kids are jealous and said that we should have turned that space into a game room years ago!!!

I had my dear farmer husband put an outlet in the ceiling on it's own breaker for the machine and now I need ideas on how to run the cord along the ceiling. He has some ideas--but just wondering what any of you have done--and pictures would be helpful--as I am very visual.

I will post some pics of the studio when it gets cleaned up and I learn how to get the pics off my camera--just got that and not real sure how to do it--oh to be a teenager and just know how to do all that stuff!

I hope to have my machine plugged in tomorrow night and do some playing--but first I have to make a dedication dress for my new little niece who needs it by next Sunday.

Anyway--any help would be appreciated!!

Terri, Congratulations on your new quilting studio, it sure is an exciting time! Can't wait to see your pics. Also interested in replies as I still have the curly cord dangling from the back of the machine. Most of the time its all good but once in a while it gets caught up in the wheels. Would like to have it up too.

Enjoy your new space

Satu

Yes, we'd love to see pictures of your studio and your machine. I don't have the curly cord and it comes down off of the back of the machine and lays under the table. It just moves along with me as I quilt. The only problem I have with it is when our Lab, Cinnamon, decides to lay down on it. I come to a stop in a hurry!

Phyllis

Guest Linda S

Terri - I used the type of curtain track they use for hospital curtains (around the beds) to hang my cord. I think it was Sherry Rogers who suggested it. Here are some pictures. If you google hospital curtain track, you can probably find lots of options.

1312_Cord_Track_3_1.jpg

1312_Cord_Track_1.jpg

1312_Cord_Track_2_1.jpg

Guest Linda S

Yes - I do have an extension cord. I don't have an outlet in the ceiling, so it helps me reach across the ceiling and down the wall to the outlet!

Linda

I just bought a curly cord for my millie from APQS. I have a plug in the ceiling and it works just fine. I haven't done a lot of quilting with it yet but it moves easily from one end to the other. My straight cord was plugged into the ceilng and it would catch under the machine. My ceiling plug is pretty well centered over the machine.

Linda

Archived