My first "difficult" Quilt

I just finished this Quilt, it's a bit bigger than Crib size, made out of Minkee, Flannel and Chenille borders Yuck Yuck!

It has a lofty polyester batting and a flannel backing. But my fearless Freedom made it through all layers. What a trooper.

I used So Fine and the Shooting Star Panto. My customer just loved it, thank god, and I am tickled pink too.

post--13461898216797_thumb.jpg

Monika, you are awesome.

Chenille, minkee AND flannel. That has got to be my worst nightmare. I wish I had a dollar for everytime you had to clean out the bobbin area. :D

I prefer to work on quality cotton quilts...duh, don't we all. I have done quilts with flannel, minkee and chenille...well, it was in 3 different quilts so it doesn't really count on the PITA scale.

Keep quilting Monika, you're doing great.

Thanks Linda

The lint was not actually a problem. My customer pieced this quilt with quilt shop quality fabrics, the flannel for the backing was like velvet. There was no lint built up. I used a baby blue soFine on top and in the bobbin and apart from thread breaking in some of the thicker areas, it wasn't too bad. The Chenille borders did want to bunch up though and I had to pull with one hand and guide machine with other.

We sure become acrobats and contortinists in this business.

Anyway, I called my customer and told her I posted a pic of her quilt and the responses of you all and I could just feel her smile.

Thanks a bunch for your wonderful comments.

Hi Monika: good job! I had the same problem with Chenille on a few baby quilts - we get really good at one hand keeping the Chenille straight and the other hand running those great APQS machines!

Right now I have two cats in front of the screen-can't see! A couple of months ago my black Persian sat on my Millie table, I was not watching him - the silly cat jumped between the moving machine and the take up roller to the other side of the table. He spent the rest of the day watching me through the roller screen on the door to the studio!

Great job on that quilt, keep the pictures up!

Monika,

Great job. Pretty quilt.

Isn't it funny that you noticed you are a "Posting Expert"! I never paid attention to that until one day a "lurker" and she knows who she is...emailed me and told me that I was about to hit the 1000th post...okay, that doesn't mean I'm an expert...that means that I can't keep my trap shut!!

Cuddly is in!

Monika, great quilting! Those plushy fabrics are loved by the "little ones". I've made several quick whole cloth quilts with cute cottons on the front, and minky's on the back, and no batting. I've found out that its became a favorite "blankie". Even the mom and dads enjoy them.

Archived