Bar to hold batting

I have Lenni with the legs in the picture.  I want to add a bar to hold a roll of batting.  I was thinking of drilling holes in the legs where I drew the arrows and adding a bar across the legs and attaching a long bar the length of my table to hold the batting.  I need to try to make a batting bar cheaply.  Is that an acceptable idea?  I don't want to weaken the legs so I thought I would ask first before attempting that.  Thanks for the help.  

IMG-2846.jpg

BeckyP

You can find what you locally and online.  Look for a "bull bar" or light bart mounting brackets";

https://www.amazon.com/Samman-Mounting-Brackets-Universal-Offroad/dp/B07TYWDTDT/ref=asc_df_B07TYWDTDT/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276305324592&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Off-Road-Mounting-Bracket-360-Degree-Aluminium/dp/B082XJZ7GF/ref=asc_df_B082XJZ7GF/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583932707293779&psc=1

Instead of mounting it to the side legs, you could mount one on each side on the horizontal tube of the table.  Once you have the bracket affixed the table, buy 1.5 or 2 inch schedule 40 PVC piping, and attach a vertical piece to the mounting bracket.  Cut it so a T-joint can be PVC glued to the vertical piping, and then run a wooden closet dowel or possibly an aluminum pool brush handle down the T to support your batting.

You could buy four brackets and then attach to the areas you have your arrows pointed, but it will cost more.

Best of luck, show us what you finally come up with.

Cagey

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

BeckyP

You can find what you locally and online.  Look for a "bull bar" or light bart mounting brackets";

https://www.amazon.com/Samman-Mounting-Brackets-Universal-Offroad/dp/B07TYWDTDT/ref=asc_df_B07TYWDTDT/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276305324592&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Off-Road-Mounting-Bracket-360-Degree-Aluminium/dp/B082XJZ7GF/ref=asc_df_B082XJZ7GF/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583932707293779&psc=1

Instead of mounting it to the side legs, you could mount one on each side on the horizontal tube of the table.  Once you have the bracket affixed the table, buy 1.5 or 2 inch schedule 40 PVC piping, and attach a vertical piece to the mounting bracket.  Cut it so a T-joint can be PVC glued to the vertical piping, and then run a wooden closet dowel or possibly an aluminum pool brush handle down the T to support your batting.

You could buy four brackets and then attach to the areas you have your arrows pointed, but it will cost more.

Best of luck, show us what you finally come up with.

Cagey

Becky:  I'd probably make two wooden brackets, one for each end, wide enough so holes matching the  bolt pattern of the roller rack support could be drilled, and long enough to provide a 17" drop from the table bottom, then drill a hole to match your batting support rod in the lower end of the bracket.  After the brackets are made, I'd put longer bolts in the roller rack support assembly, and bolt the brackets to it.  All could be done in wood, and at a work bench.  No need to try and drill you table frame.  Good luck.  Jim