Maintenance help please

Recently purchased a Discovery Longarm.  While quilting the gears or needle stuck in the fabric.   I turned it off, moved the needle out and started again. Then blew a fuse.  Replaced the fuse. I tried again without a needle.  It will either stick again and when working there is clunking In the arm.  Please tell me we can fix this ourselves and how.  Sherri Smith. 

Sherri:  It sounds like you may have thread wrapped around something and that's stalling the machine.  Start by removing the needle plate.  Search around the hook  and bobbin basket.  If you find any thread, remove it.  If you don't find thread there, remove the left side cover on the machine and look inside, it's very possible that thread has been pulled into the machine, and is wound around the take-up assembly.  While you have the cover off, add a couple drops of oil to the needle bar bushing.  If you aren't successful in these two places, keep looking 'til you're sure thread tangle isn't your problem.  Good luck.  Jim 

On 3/12/2021 at 8:58 AM, jimerickson said:

Sherri:  It sounds like you may have thread wrapped around something and that's stalling the machine.  Start by removing the needle plate.  Search around the hook  and bobbin basket.  If you find any thread, remove it.  If you don't find thread there, remove the left side cover on the machine and look inside, it's very possible that thread has been pulled into the machine, and is wound around the take-up assembly.  While you have the cover off, add a couple drops of oil to the needle bar bushing.  If you aren't successful in these two places, keep looking 'til you're sure thread tangle isn't your problem.  Good luck.  Jim 

Thanks, Jim.  I'll try this out.