finished with new studio--with pics!!

TerriVB

HI all--just figured out the picture thing and thought I would let all know where I am working--it is a converted small garage inside of a machine shed on our farm.

Son has to now store his car outside--but I will wash it for him whenever he has a date--that's what I told him anyway.

The studio isn't quite finished--I need some ideas on quilt and batting storage yet.

Hope you enjoy your little tour of my new world!!

post--1346189834504_thumb.jpg

hope you all enjoyed my little tour--my daughter is going to college for interior design and she painted the little extras around the ceiling for me--and she told me that light green is supposed to be a neutral--should suck up all the extra color in the room to help see the true color of the quilts working on--not sure if true--but like how the color turned out--I am doing some decorating in the 30's aqua colors.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Terri,

What a great quilting space. It looks like a nice comfortable space and I like the sayings around the top of the walls. One of the things I put in my studio was a white erase board. I use it to mark quilt sizes and any design information that I want to remember. This makes it a easy to quickly glance at where I need to be or what I need to do.

Char

What a great space! And the first thing that caught my eye was the sweet log cabin quilt on the cozy chair. I love Log Cabin quilts, they just say 'cuddle' to me. Now where is the cat? Hmmm, storage. I bought a couple of those big double wide units with doors sold in the laundry/storage area at Home Depot, they are white finish and about 24" deep X 4' wide. Then several of those put-together-yourself bookcases from Wally World. They are over six feet tall and not too deep but I store a world of stuff on them and they march along a wall nicely without sticking out into the room. Jan

Archived