Thank you! Thank you!!

I want to send out a BIG "Thank You" to all you experienced Longarmers out there - I'm a newbie, hadn't even gotten around to registering on the chats. The last two weeks with my Millie were horrible (not her fault, really!) culminating with an episode of "bang your head against the wall and cry" on Friday night. Of course, it was too late to call anyone for help, so I spent 45 minutes reading lots and LOTS of threads on tension issues, thread breaking, and -gasp- timing! Wrote down a list of things to try - gave myself and my Millie a bit of a time out - came back Sunday afternoon and worked my way down the list and she is now sewing as sweetly as when we first started. I hope someday I can help some newbie with kind words and helpful suggestions, just like all of you have helped me!:D:D:D

barbm,

Don't ever go through something like that alone...we are here for ya! And if it helps, we've all been there. Congratulations on your new machine, and remember thiere is a getting acquainted period. Once you are use to each other it will be smooth sailing!

Have fun

Barbm:

I am so glad you found the answer to your problem. We have all been there. I definately understand the "head banging thing". When I first started I had an Ultimate one and there was no chat. Of course when things go wrong it is late at night and/or the weekend. (Hmmm how do our machines know the day and time --too scary) All the ladies here are "Top Notch". Everyone shares so much of their knowledge freely. Welcome to the " Worlds Best Group of Quilters". Let us know how things are going for you.

Barbm, Welcome to "World Best Group of Quilters" is right. Glad that you are here. One thing that you can count on almost 24 per day is that someone is here online. Don't hesitate to ask your questions and you may be surprised at how quickly your answer will come. But it sounds like you did fine going through the old threads. Hope to hear from you again and be sure and post pictures. We all ooohhh & awww over each others work.

I'd love to post photos (and ooh and aah over everyone else's) but I'm still in the land of dial-up internet - I'm lucky to be online at all! And next time I hit the wall - literally OR figuratively - I'll come back to this wonderful group for help and support.

Barb Mayfield

The Mind's Eye

Newport, WA

This makes me sooo happy to see! How reassuring to see confirmation that I am in the right place so when I get my machine I'll have the world's best resource at my fingertips...all these lovely posts from all these loving quilters!! Y'all really help keep my hopes up! Glad you got your answer, Barb!!

Welcome to the forum, Barb. You will find ALL kinds of help here and ALL

kinds of friends from all over the world, that is what makes this forum so

great. Whatever your problem it will be answered. There are sooooooooo

many professionals here, and I too am a newbie so I have asked and am

still asking all kinds of questions. I guess the getting acquainted period isn't over for me yet...:D so you never have to feel alone. Have a happy

day quilting!!;)

Archived