Ginger has arrived!

My new Millenium (aka Ginger) has arrived! The UPS man brought me three big boxes this morning.

I called DH and told him that he couldn't work hard today because he has to put Ginger on her new legs tonight. I've stabilized the quilt that I've been working on so I'm going to unzip it and get busy getting Ginger's space ready in my workroom.

I opened Ginger's box just so I could look at her for a moment or two. I haven't opened the boxes that her legs are in yet. I ran up to the hardware store to get some of those furniture sliders to put under her legs. My workroom isn't that big so I thought it might be helpful if she was just a little bit portable.

Uh oh, DD just called and I have to watch my grandbabies for a few hours today. Ginger may have to wait until tomorrow night. (Deep sigh!)

I better go get busy so I can get as much done as possible before they get here. I'm sure you'll here from me later tonight.

The grandbabies were here until 11:30 p.m. last night so I didn't make it back here.

DH and DS finished putting Ginger together just as the grandbabies got here. So I got to turn her on and see her light up, but we haven't danced yet. I have a small baby quilt that I made to put down on the floor for Keira. It has pink polka dotted Minky on one side and the other is a beautiful rose colored fabric with roses. Joshua considers all the blankets his and actually tries to pull them out from under her. So I'm going to make a big point that this one is hers. Oops, I'm way off the track here. Anyway, I'm going to load it on Ginger and quilt it this morning so I can get any kinks worked out on it instead of my customer quilt. I already know my left hand is going to be confused with all the buttons it gets to push now. DH says it moves smoothly, but he's never really worked on Libby, so I'll have to be the one that judges that. I'll see if she can dance backwards in high heels like the other Ginger.:D:D:D

I'm going dancing now! I'm going to have fun!

Oh Phyllis, you are so very cute and fun. You were cracking me up the other night when you were all excited about "Ginger this... and Ginger that..." LOL!! Too cute! :P

Anyway, looks like you are just having a blast with your new girl Ginger. She is a spicy as you are! You two make a great team. Congratulations.

PS: I agree with you: that is beautiful rose fabric and goes so nicely with your rose motif quilting!! :)

Enjoy the rest of the day dancing with Ginger.

Archived