How would you quilt this?

Pretty quilt and great posting job!

I think the angles in the top could be softened by a swirled overall.

Find a pretty variegated thread--poly would give it a little shine-- and do swirls about the size of the small four patches. If that is a Queen, how big are those blocks??

You have a lot of options with this top--how fun!

I love love love batiks. Post a pic when you are done!!

The photo was sent to me via e-mail from the owner and she did mention that there will be a border all the way around. Right now she is just asking for some ideas etc. so I do not know if I will be asked to quilt this for her or not.

Just hoping to give her several options as there are always great ideas presented here.

Thanks.

Linda the bubbles does look great. Thanks for the link.

I do not have circle lord but did get the EZ Quilt Baptist Fan template and have been looking at their double swirl pattern which I have sent a link of to the owner of this top. She really likes it so I told her if she wants it I will order it once her quilt arrives in my studio. Basicly her quilt will pay for the template.

I have seen some photos of others quilts useing the different swirl patterns available out there form several companies and just love the look.

If anyone has photos of what they did with the swirls I would love to see them.

Linda you cannot find it because I reversed the name. In any case here is the link:

http://www.quilt-ez.com/

You will have to buy the stylus to fit your model of machine but once you have that you are good to go with any of their other products. I snagged a used Baptist Fan Template here a few months ago and now have my eye on the double spiral block. I have done 4 quitls with the Baptist Fan and I just love it! I think for the price it is a great value. They do not have as many designs as CL or Hartley Fence but those are out of my price range.

Archived