Horses Panto problem/questions

gsewell

We were stitching out this repeat pattern that comes with the program tonight on our APQS machine, and after about 2 1/2 patterns in each row were sewn out, the machine would stop, wait a few seconds and then start up again. After it starts up we would ,most of the time, get a thread break because of bobbin back lash due to the fact that the machine had stopped. I did check my memory buffer in CompuQuilter and it was set to 5MB, but I changed it to the default of 45MB and it made no difference.

Could the problem be:

1. the design

2. CompuQuilter

3. the machine

4. All of the above

Gary

Were you winding bobbins? My machine does that when I wind bobbins. JoAnn Hoffman says that the bobbin winders that are attached to the machine cause electrical interference. I wind my bobbins before I start a row. I was having the same kind of problem.

Cheryl

I avoid winding bobbins and turning the machine light on and off during the sewing process.

I also highly recommend a battery back up surge protector for your machine and CompuQuilter system. Low power surges can give you problems. I have an APC battery backup. Office Max, Office Depot or Sam"s Club has them.

I rarely have any problems with my CQ and I think it\'s because I follow these simple rules.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tina

I installed a wireless mouse and keyboard when I first got my CQ but found the keyboard would have to be reset if I was quilting a row that took more than 10 minutes so I put the original keyboard back on. I still use the wireless mouse and love it.

I haven\'t experienced any problems due to size of memory but my CQ is totally dedicated to CQ, isn\'t networked or linked to the internet and I haven\'t added any other software. I have added quite a few patterns though, (don\'t think they take much space).

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

I\'ve had a wireless keyboard and mouse since last January. No problems at all with it. Mine are by Rocket Fish. Very lightweight and compact, and bluetooth enabled.

Like Sue, my CQ computer is totally dedicated to CQ. It is recommended by CompuQuilter that this computer NOT be used for other purposes, especially for the internet.

Archived